Naomi's sister here

Hi, it's Danielle, Naomi's sister. I've hacked into her blog to talk to all her friends and family for a minute.

Naomi is hurting.

The adoption has been stopped. The birth father is fighting the birth mother for custody and therefore she can't give the baby up.

It looks like all of Naomi and Jason's hopes and dreams have come crashing down.  It feels like God's not there, or maybe like He just doesn't care.

We know that God IS there, and that He sees the bigger picture. And He DOES care.  

Naomi can share the details here later.  All you need to know is that they are hurting, hurting so very bad.  We're all hurting for them.

Of course all the questions that Naomi is struggling with don't make it any better:

"What will people think? They just donated money to baby Ariah, and now as far as we can see, there is no baby Ariah."

"Now we'll need to give all the money back."

"When will I EVER have a baby??? Life is just not fair."

 "How can I explain this story over and over to everyone? I can't do this."



And I know my sister will be returning all the money on PayPal today.
 


How do you feel friend & family?  Do you feel like you want to show Jason and Naomi MORE THAN EVER that you support them and their future adoption?!? So many of you have given selflessly and graciously.  They are still going to need at least $10,000 to adopt.

If they give all the money back now, next time they will have to start all over fundraising.  The IPad give-away is still on and the chip-in is still open.

How cool would it be if Naomi & Jason's adoption fund started growing right now - right now when we know that Ariah's adoption is most likely off.  Right now when there's no baby on the horizon.  Right now when they need to feel loved and supported the most.

Would you give again? or consider giving if you haven't? Jason and Naomi need to have the money in place the next time a baby is ready.  The financial piece of adopting is so stressful.  What a gift we could give them right now - not that we were giving to baby Ariah, but that we were giving so Jason and Naomi can HAVE A BABY!!


And really... Nothing but time will heal the pain Jason and Naomi are feeling.  The hurt is a deep hurt like no one can ever imagine if they haven't gone through the ups and downs of an adoption journey, but feeling supported by friends and family would go a long way!

P.S. Jason and Naomi don't know I'm doing this.  I'm sure they'll figure it out soon enough but lets just BLESS them!! 

Also - If you could send an encouraging word their way today, I know it would  be so appreciated!  
Thank you... -Danielle


Comments

nicole said…
Jason & Naomi ~ Please know people are praying for you. And my donation is yours to keep for that future adoption. Blessings to you!
Cassie Soric said…
Naomi, I wish I had the perfect words to comfort your heart. The truth is there are no words I can say that haven't already been spoken to comfort you and Jason. I know you have already heard it all...god will bring something soon, god has good things for you, god is a big god. These are all true! I know that you guys are hurting so bad and it feels like your heart is going through the ringer. I just wanted to reasure you that I am praying for you and that special little baby that can't come quick enough.
Brynna Farley said…
I'm so so sorry Naomi... I'm hurting for you.. I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. Take care and know that you will be in my thoughts
Kelly Marin said…
I am so sad for you, please please know that you are in our prayers and it was and is a blessing to be able to give so hold on to your adoption money that has been given, one day in God's timing it will be put to good use!
Heidi said…
Jason & Naomi - You guys are awesome parents, your journey is SO inspiring. You are SO loved. We all know that you guys will need to continue raising adoption funds for when the time comes again, so keep the donation and keep on raising up the adoption fund!!! I am praying for your hearts healing and protection, baby K, your future children, and that God would give you the desires of your hearts. God will be faithful to bring you through this with His love and grace. We love you so much. <3
Unknown said…
I love you my friend!! I think it's ok to feel hurt, it's NOT fair - you two deserve a beautiful baby. But brush the dirt off your knees and shakily stand to your feet cuz we are all behind you; loveing you and praying for you and for that future little person you WILL one day receive. You are special to many people and to your heavenly Father and I hope that doesn't sound too cliche cuz it's true. Love you always and see you soon - Jaime
I am sorry to hear this baby is not the one. I know there is a baby out there that God has prepared just for the two of you. It is harder for you to believe than for me to say. I remember so clearly how Ray and I felt trying for 5 years before Nik came and I was 35 at the time. I was ready to just give up and quite going to baby showers, there were 10!!!!!!!!! Women in my church pregnant that year. The two things I did, beside giving it up to God ( which was not easy) was I made a baby blanket for my neighbor that was pregnant, pouring my grief into it, which was very therapeutic. The other thing I did was find books or articles about couples that were experiencing the same journey. They were truly the only individuals in the whole world that felt like we did.
I hope this is some encouragement to you and Jason (my favorite of all nephews :^)........
We love you and pray for you. I know there is a beautiful baby in your future.
I can't imagine anyone will want $ back, they are still adopting, even if it is not this baby, but it still could be this baby....Focus on Jesus...not the circumstances...and they are Baby K's mom and dad...I am lifting them up to the Lord now.

Popular Posts