No words.

I keep opening the blogger app on my phone to write, but after hitting backspace a few times I close out of the app and decide there are no words.

No words to describe the kinda hope I had one week ago and no words to describe the pain that coursed through me when I heard the news. The news that the birth mom was in labor and had changed her mind and decided to parent. No words to describe the horrible feeling of letting down everyone around me including myself. I ran out of church to answer "the call" the one we had been waiting for for weeks. I collapsed on Jason when he came out to check on me because I didn't return fast enough. We've both gone through a lot of hard things the last couple of months (including 2 failed adoptions) and the look in his eyes was one of pain all over again. I hated it. I hate going through the pain again. I hate seeing my husband cry. I hate crying myself.

But you know what else? There are no words to describe the kind of love and compassion and kindness from everyone around me. People I know and I don't even know. Texts, emails, instagram comments, hugs and kind words. I know I have so many who care about Jason and I. The almost instant comfort that came over me was a sure sign that there were so many people praying for us.

There are also no words to describe the peace that Jason and I have been feeling the last few days. The peace where you know everything is going to work out and that God is in control. And that He has a plan for us and that He is a good God no matter what we go through. It's hard. It's hard to love a child you don't even know so much and then lose that. I won't lie how hard it is. And when you initially feel the pain you're honestly not sure you can go on, but you do because God does heal. I trust He is doing something good through this and that a big miracle is coming soon.

Thank you to all my followers who have so kindly supported our adoption journey and encouraged us on the way. Keep following because I know the ending is going to be amazing.

Comments

Julie said…
nooo i was so excited... I know God has the perfect baby in store for you...
Love You
Julie said…
no I was so excited when i heard you were going to be adopting agian... but I do know God has the perfect baby in store for you.
Love you,
Julie
Unknown said…
Naomi, I am so sorry to hear that this baby fell through. I have been checking almost everyday for an update and I will keep doing that becuase, somwhere out there, is your baby sent from the stars! I am looking forward to that day and, though I do not know you personally, I am very excited for you and your family! Hang in there, I am sure this is difficult for you, but just know that God will work it all out in His time. God Bless!
Stephanie said…
I will always be a follower of your blog no matter where this journey takes you. My heart is breaking for you and Jason and just know you have not let anyone down. You two have inspired me with the strength that you both have shown and the faith that you continue to have. I can not even begin to imagine your heart ache but I do believe that God has something HUGE planned for the two of you and through each heartache that you endure, I know that your relationship with God and with each other will be stronger than it ever was before.
I will continue to pray for you and your family. Sending out all my love to you two. God Bless!
Mariska said…
Oh no! So so sorry to hear that.
Although I don't know you guys in person, I have also been checking a lot for news, and like an earlier poster said: I also believe that some day you WILL find your forever baby!
Hang in there! Big hug!
Tanya said…
I'm so sorry your hearts have been broken again :( I hope your forever baby is in your arms soon.

big hugs for all of you and prayers for your aching hearts.


Tanya
Anonymous said…
Oh, Ive been praying and praying all weekend, hoping for great news, but wondering when there was no news. You are amazing. Your faith is amazing. I will keep praying.
cathy said…
my heart & prayers are with you..

i KNOW we will celebrate, soon!

xoxo
cathy
Elizabeth said…
My heart is so sad for you and Jason but I feel like I've recieved a gift through reading your story and being a witness to your faith and strength. Thank you for sharing this post. I will pray for you and Jason. God has something special planned for you. I am sure of it.
Dylan'sMommy316 said…
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been a lurker but have been praying for you. I really believe a baby is out there just waiting for you guys though.
Darlene said…
Heartbroken...I kept hoping and praying that you didn't update because you were settling in together. I will continue to pray that God lifts you both up during this trying time and comforts you until His true plans are known. Offer this hurt up to Him and be strong. I have this saying hanging on my fridge. Spent 6 years trying to get a teaching job. It kept me going each interview that fell through. I now teach children with special needs (I know they ALL have special needs!!) But that job led me to Lilly's story and thus to you and Jason. Pass it forward.
God Bless your journey. Love and Prayers, Darlene
"Some luck lies in not getting
what you thought you wanted
but getting what you have,
which once you have got it
you may be smart enough to see
it is what you would have wanted
had you known....
~ Garrison Keillor
Elizabeth Clark said…
Naomi, I am so so sorry. I've been checking your blog frequently in hopes of hearing how things are going. I am so sorry for your loss.
Katherine said…
You are amazing!!!! Wow. I had chills reading your post.
My cousins had several adoptions that didn't work out at the last minute. I can't even imagine the heartbreak. They have since had two successful adoptions and their beautiful girls are now 4 and 7 years old.
I absolutely cannot wait until you bring that forever baby home!!
Unknown said…
dear naomi,
im so sorry you are going thru this. i was checking your blog multiple times each day just waiting to hear the good news. may you continue to find strength and hope and i pray your prayers are answered soon.
Unknown said…
im so sorry for what youre going thru. i was so excited for you , checking your blog many times in the last few days. i pray your get your baby soon!
Gretchen said…
Broken. Hearted.
Praying for strengh.
Mrs. K said…
Such courage, such strength, such love....it can only come from Our Loving Lord and His Precious Mother. God has truly blessed you both with family, friends and strangers who are praying. His time is not ours but surely He will answer these prayers abundantly. Love you both so much, Grammi
Ashley said…
Oh, Jason and Naomi :( I am so sorry! I know that God has big plans for you both. I am sorry for your heartbreak. My heart is breaking for you :( Love you both!
Tammie said…
Naomi and Jason, My heart breaks for you both, I can not imagine going through what you two have been through. I as well as others checked daily hoping to see your new family with the biggest smiles on your face and when it wasn't updated I could only hope that you were busy being a new mom to two babies. I truly hope K is yours forever and your next baby is the sibling for him, soon to be sent from the stars. I saw a shooting star last night and I went to my computer to check on your blog. It made me think of you getting the baby. I am so impressed with your beliefs. I can not even imagine how bad you two must be hurting but you two sound like amazing people and a baby will come to you. Please don't give up good only comes to those who wait. My gaughter waited for her miracle son for 5 years and he is worth every thing she had to go through to get him. Like you she never thought they would have him.
Unknown said…
Oh, I am so sorry!! I have been praying for you and Jason! I will continue to pray - can't wait until you get your forever baby!
Lisa L said…
I am so sorry to hear the news!! I, too, have been praying for you and the baby you are meant to adopt. My heart is breaking for you. Please know that you will continue to be in my prayers! Love and hugs from a stranger!
Lisa
Lori said…
my heart aches for you and Jason...we are so sorry...Life is all about getting back up, standing firm, and going on living...your day will come...hang in there, we love you!!
Abbi rice said…
Naomi I know that god has a plan for you and jason. he is a big god, and he can do things beyond imagination. You have been the best sister in-law to be with. I am praying for you every night. God knows what he is doing. And I just know he is going to bring you a baby sent from the stars.
I know a big thing for a ten year old to say but I just want you to know God has a hand on you and Jason.
Alysha71 said…
Oh, my heart just breaks hearing this news. I have been checking back on your blog often, as well- and although I have never commented before, I wanted to tell you how inspirational your blog has been to me. I pray that your forever baby is in your arms very, very soon. Thinking of you all.
Alysha

Popular Posts