Classical music, Hawaiian Bread, and one little word
I just sat down to the computer with (surprisingly) a hot cup of coffee, classical music playing, and a (mostly) clean house. My mother has told me in most every phone conversation that I need to listen to more classical music. It is good for baby brain development, good for keeping stress levels down and good for overall peace. I don't know why I didn't listen to her earlier... It must be working because all the kids are asleep (including day care kids), my brain is halfway working, and the house is actually clean.
This morning I wasn't in the best mood. I was tired, but I had gotten up early knowing the little boy I babysit would arrive early. Instead he was an hour late and I felt so frustrated knowing I could've snuck in a little more Z's... I grumpily sat on the couch and felt defeated. But I decided to make the best of the morning and after putting Norah down for a morning nap, I asked Baby K if he wanted to do some cooking projects with me. He energetically pushed a chair into the kitchen, washed his hands and within no time we whipped out blueberry muffins and the dough for Hawaiian Sweet Bread! We actually had a really fun time making it too and enjoyed the reward of eating the yummy snack after.
Currently the Hawaiian Sweet Bread is baking in the oven and is emitting delicious scents from my nearby kitchen. My sister called a bit after our cooking projects and told me that my gym membership (that I thought had been voided a few months ago) was actually still current. Right before Norah was born, my gym went out of business and all memberships transferred over to another gym in town, but the catch was, within a month you had to go in person and switch your membership over or else it would be void. With the busy-ness of Norah's birth and adoption and to be honest, down right laziness, I never went and transferred my membership. September came and went and I thought it was gone. My sister, who is my work out partner, just checked today for me and they said they would still honor it! And just in time because I am starting Weight Watchers next week. [Insert extremely humble spirit here]. You see I have not been taking very good care of myself; eating wise and physically wise. I have been eating way too much junk and very minimal fruits and veggies.
New Years came around and everyone had their "word" for the year and were blogging and Instagraming about it. I thought about it but just kept coming up with nothing. Choosing "one word" meant that I would have to change and that didn't sound appealing at all to me. I liked my unmotivated life thank you very much. But the truth is now I am feeling very bad. Not comfortable in my own skin, not happy when my jeans that just fit last summer are now not buttoning. Not happy with my energy running so low. Not happy with my mood swings (can we talk people??). So, some things are going to be changing around here as of next week. I am going to be working towards a new me. Healthier, more fit, more energy, more happy.
I still haven't figured out my "one little word," there are many that I think could work: transform, renew, change, turn over a new leaf... okay so that's not exactly one word, but you get the point. With my gym membership back in business, and a new chance get motivated with WW, I am finally excited to start this 2014. Better late than never right?
Oh and the timer just went off for the bread, so I better have a slice with Baby K. Here's to a new year!
P.S. I do realize Hawaiian Sweet Bread may not be on the Weight Watchers plan (or at least it may be, in itself, my total amount of points I am allowed for the day). Why do you think I am making it now??
This morning I wasn't in the best mood. I was tired, but I had gotten up early knowing the little boy I babysit would arrive early. Instead he was an hour late and I felt so frustrated knowing I could've snuck in a little more Z's... I grumpily sat on the couch and felt defeated. But I decided to make the best of the morning and after putting Norah down for a morning nap, I asked Baby K if he wanted to do some cooking projects with me. He energetically pushed a chair into the kitchen, washed his hands and within no time we whipped out blueberry muffins and the dough for Hawaiian Sweet Bread! We actually had a really fun time making it too and enjoyed the reward of eating the yummy snack after.
Currently the Hawaiian Sweet Bread is baking in the oven and is emitting delicious scents from my nearby kitchen. My sister called a bit after our cooking projects and told me that my gym membership (that I thought had been voided a few months ago) was actually still current. Right before Norah was born, my gym went out of business and all memberships transferred over to another gym in town, but the catch was, within a month you had to go in person and switch your membership over or else it would be void. With the busy-ness of Norah's birth and adoption and to be honest, down right laziness, I never went and transferred my membership. September came and went and I thought it was gone. My sister, who is my work out partner, just checked today for me and they said they would still honor it! And just in time because I am starting Weight Watchers next week. [Insert extremely humble spirit here]. You see I have not been taking very good care of myself; eating wise and physically wise. I have been eating way too much junk and very minimal fruits and veggies.
New Years came around and everyone had their "word" for the year and were blogging and Instagraming about it. I thought about it but just kept coming up with nothing. Choosing "one word" meant that I would have to change and that didn't sound appealing at all to me. I liked my unmotivated life thank you very much. But the truth is now I am feeling very bad. Not comfortable in my own skin, not happy when my jeans that just fit last summer are now not buttoning. Not happy with my energy running so low. Not happy with my mood swings (can we talk people??). So, some things are going to be changing around here as of next week. I am going to be working towards a new me. Healthier, more fit, more energy, more happy.
I still haven't figured out my "one little word," there are many that I think could work: transform, renew, change, turn over a new leaf... okay so that's not exactly one word, but you get the point. With my gym membership back in business, and a new chance get motivated with WW, I am finally excited to start this 2014. Better late than never right?
Oh and the timer just went off for the bread, so I better have a slice with Baby K. Here's to a new year!
P.S. I do realize Hawaiian Sweet Bread may not be on the Weight Watchers plan (or at least it may be, in itself, my total amount of points I am allowed for the day). Why do you think I am making it now??


Comments