Koa and Brock's 3rd Birthday: 4th of July theme


On July 4th, we celebrated Koa and his cousin Brocks' 3rd birthday! I cannot believe I officially have a 3 year old son now. Where has the time gone? We decided to do a simple party this year since 2 days after the party, we were leaving to go camping for a whole week, plus we had a Family Fun Day the following day sponsored by our church. We kept it simple with "Land of the Free Licorice", "Star Spangled Rice Krispy Treats", and "Let Freedom Ring Pop favors". My sister made yummy food and goodies and helped me make the boys a red and blue checkered cake. We had a pot luck style party at a very neat park complete with fountains and a giant sand hill.

Most of our family and friends were able to make it, even though the party was out of town and I was so grateful for them blessing Koa. We have the sweetest friends and family. Koa received a cool pirate outfit, squirt and ball guns, clothes and shoes, a mickey mouse guitar, a pet fish (!!), and one of his personal favorites: a Starbucks gift card from his Auntie Kenzie specifically for cake pops!


My very best friend, Jaime and her darling babes, Brogan and Aria
Jonathan, Hayden, Monique and Macie all looking very festive in their Red, White and Blue
This picture didn't quite end up looking like what we were hoping (haha)


New dress up outfits from Nonnie and Papa: cowboy and pirate

 Later on, we drove back home to take naps and watch the fireworks at our local downtown/waterfront. Koa tried his first ever sparkler and was a little terrified of it (I don't blame him!). We enjoyed our evening together and our first 4th of July as a family of 4. It was such a fun evening, but I ended up getting really sick that night and into the next day. I missed the Family Fun Day since I was throwing up:(( I was really bummed about that. But I am glad I was healthy for my son's birthday.
P.C. Kenzie Rice

Stay tuned for a camping trip post next!

Comments

Patti said…
Sweetest pictures and party ever . We love you, Koa Bear !!!
Amy said…
Wow!!! Looked like an AMAZING birthday party! Happy Birthday Koa!!!!
Grammi Faith said…
Once again you threw a phenomenal party. Great pictures. They make me feel like I was there.

Popular Posts