Little Miss S
Writing seemed like good therapy today and since I am a firm believer in cheap (free) therapy and strong coffee, I am sitting at my computer with the Blogger tab open and a cup of Starbucks next to me. Koa is cutting construction paper next to me in my dining room, and on the other side of the wall two sweet little girls are napping. One, of course, is Norah but the other is a newcomer to our family since the beginning of April.
Miss S came to us on April 6, just days from turning 5 months old. She was a tall, chunky baby, with a TON of soft brown hair, big blue eyes, and the sweetest smile. She barely moved, had a super tight neck that was turned down and to the left and she didn't roll. Fast forward almost 2 months and she is rolling everywhere, working on sitting up, her neck is stretched out to center, she holds and chews on toys. She grabs and plays with her feet. She is doing amazing.
And today I learned she is leaving us to return to home in a week or two.
Someone once asked, "Does doing foster care get easier over time?" to which the experienced foster parent replied, "not if you are doing it right." This is so true. Part of you doesn't want to bond with the baby, but then their is a strong overshadowing conviction (probably, the Holy Spirit) that is telling me you better love those foster babies just as your own. They need all the love they can get.
And yes, I am happy for Miss S that she is going to her mama, because if I was that mama, I would miss my baby soooo bad, and yet, the tears still come for me from the 2 months of my heart I have invested in this baby girl. We will all miss you Miss S. Norah will probably look around the house for you for days after you leave. Koa will ask about you, although we have talked about the fact that you are leaving.
I will think I hear you crying in the middle of the night when your typical feedings take place. I will look for you in your carseat in my rearview mirror. But I will never forget you and I will always pray for you.
You won't remember us and maybe that's for the best. I wouldn't want you to remember being taken from your family. But I hope you always feel our prayers and that you find a relationship with Jesus in your future. xo
-Naomi (Foster mommy)
Miss S came to us on April 6, just days from turning 5 months old. She was a tall, chunky baby, with a TON of soft brown hair, big blue eyes, and the sweetest smile. She barely moved, had a super tight neck that was turned down and to the left and she didn't roll. Fast forward almost 2 months and she is rolling everywhere, working on sitting up, her neck is stretched out to center, she holds and chews on toys. She grabs and plays with her feet. She is doing amazing.
And today I learned she is leaving us to return to home in a week or two.
Someone once asked, "Does doing foster care get easier over time?" to which the experienced foster parent replied, "not if you are doing it right." This is so true. Part of you doesn't want to bond with the baby, but then their is a strong overshadowing conviction (probably, the Holy Spirit) that is telling me you better love those foster babies just as your own. They need all the love they can get.
And yes, I am happy for Miss S that she is going to her mama, because if I was that mama, I would miss my baby soooo bad, and yet, the tears still come for me from the 2 months of my heart I have invested in this baby girl. We will all miss you Miss S. Norah will probably look around the house for you for days after you leave. Koa will ask about you, although we have talked about the fact that you are leaving.
I will think I hear you crying in the middle of the night when your typical feedings take place. I will look for you in your carseat in my rearview mirror. But I will never forget you and I will always pray for you.
You won't remember us and maybe that's for the best. I wouldn't want you to remember being taken from your family. But I hope you always feel our prayers and that you find a relationship with Jesus in your future. xo
-Naomi (Foster mommy)
Comments