Coffee, potty and beautiful messes
This week has required a lot of coffee consuming. All in one week, I have started potty training Norah, making a large batch of baby shoes to sell at a local shop downtown, unpacking from our Bible Conference in Arizona, and packing for a week of camping. Whew. I've also started tracking my food intake again and trying to get some stubborn pounds off that JUST WANT TO MAKE THEMSELVES AT HOME ON MY BODY. Ha. So that requires much more meal prep time and less "let me lounge on the couch and eat ice cream" time. I kinda miss that time, but ice cream and me just don't gel, if you know what I mean.
So where was I? Oh yes, potty training! My 23 month old was showing insane signs of readiness this week has gone pretty good. But I forgot how tiring potty training can be! We call Norah the "boy who cried wolf" or the "the girl who called poop/pee", as in she says "potty" every 2 minutes!
My dining room table has looked like this (and much worse than this) for the whole week as I cut out all the pieces for about 10 baby shoes and ironed, pinned and sewed until I could sew with my eyes closed. Okay maybe not with my eyes closed, but I few times I caught myself nodding off. Usually 10 pairs of baby shoes probably would've been able to be completed within a few days, but being interrupted by a toddler every 2 minutes (usually saying "potty!!!") has proved to make the task slightly more difficult.
My nephew spent the day with us today, as my sister and her family went to Mt. Hood. He is the sweetest kid and LOVED playing with Koa. Plus he could've been content playing with Koa's big bin full of tractors and trucks all day.
Here are some of the baby shoes that were (almost) completed today. I just need to add elastic, trim the edges and turn them right side out! I am pretty proud of how adorable they are! They are fully lined with cotton batting to make them a little thicker and cozier on baby feet. These are for sale in my Etsy shop (anniesnestdesigns.etsy.com).
I am so grateful for my little Etsy shop! It's such a fun creative outlet for me and I love being able to make shoes for Norah as well. I am praying that I will get an open door with some shops downtown and that I will be able to sell everything locally!
Well, I just mostly wanted to sit down and do a bit of documenting on the kids and life and how quick the time is passing by with these two precious babies. We are enjoying our summer break and I am grateful to have Jason home for more than 5 minutes at a time. As much as I LOVE fall, I am not so much looking forward to it coming since Jason will be going back to school. I am excited that its his last year of nursing school and I am sure it'll pass quickly. Koa just turned 4 and Norah is about to turn 2 and Koa has been working on so many pre-reading skills like recognizing all his letters and sounding out words! We are excited to be able to visit his birth family this weekend and for him to see his siblings whom we haven't seen in several months. Also, we are still doing foster care, but we are just waiting for a call. We haven't had any places since Miss S left.
I am pretty much just rambling by now and if you happen to still be reading, I am signing off to get some sleep. I hear tent camping with two young kids is brutal (who I am kidding, I know it is, cuz i've done it lots of time before)! I just can't seem to get enough of the craziness =) Good night. And i'll be back to report after a week of torture...er i mean... camping.
So where was I? Oh yes, potty training! My 23 month old was showing insane signs of readiness this week has gone pretty good. But I forgot how tiring potty training can be! We call Norah the "boy who cried wolf" or the "the girl who called poop/pee", as in she says "potty" every 2 minutes!
My dining room table has looked like this (and much worse than this) for the whole week as I cut out all the pieces for about 10 baby shoes and ironed, pinned and sewed until I could sew with my eyes closed. Okay maybe not with my eyes closed, but I few times I caught myself nodding off. Usually 10 pairs of baby shoes probably would've been able to be completed within a few days, but being interrupted by a toddler every 2 minutes (usually saying "potty!!!") has proved to make the task slightly more difficult.
My nephew spent the day with us today, as my sister and her family went to Mt. Hood. He is the sweetest kid and LOVED playing with Koa. Plus he could've been content playing with Koa's big bin full of tractors and trucks all day.
Here are some of the baby shoes that were (almost) completed today. I just need to add elastic, trim the edges and turn them right side out! I am pretty proud of how adorable they are! They are fully lined with cotton batting to make them a little thicker and cozier on baby feet. These are for sale in my Etsy shop (anniesnestdesigns.etsy.com).
I am so grateful for my little Etsy shop! It's such a fun creative outlet for me and I love being able to make shoes for Norah as well. I am praying that I will get an open door with some shops downtown and that I will be able to sell everything locally!
Well, I just mostly wanted to sit down and do a bit of documenting on the kids and life and how quick the time is passing by with these two precious babies. We are enjoying our summer break and I am grateful to have Jason home for more than 5 minutes at a time. As much as I LOVE fall, I am not so much looking forward to it coming since Jason will be going back to school. I am excited that its his last year of nursing school and I am sure it'll pass quickly. Koa just turned 4 and Norah is about to turn 2 and Koa has been working on so many pre-reading skills like recognizing all his letters and sounding out words! We are excited to be able to visit his birth family this weekend and for him to see his siblings whom we haven't seen in several months. Also, we are still doing foster care, but we are just waiting for a call. We haven't had any places since Miss S left.
I am pretty much just rambling by now and if you happen to still be reading, I am signing off to get some sleep. I hear tent camping with two young kids is brutal (who I am kidding, I know it is, cuz i've done it lots of time before)! I just can't seem to get enough of the craziness =) Good night. And i'll be back to report after a week of torture...er i mean... camping.



Comments