He: is my growing weed! He's outgrown all of the toddler sizes and we now shop in the "boys" section (insert sad crying face here). We signed up for Soccer and last week was his first "game/practice". He was so proud and talked Jason into getting him Gatorade, because apparently you're not REALLY playing sports unless you have Gatorade. I am enjoying him being home with me for his last year before Kindergarten. He is super sweet and helpful around the house and even created his own chore chart to earn nickels. His favorite hobby is to draw and he loves checking out how-to-draw books from the library.. in fact when I look around for him to see what he's doing, 90% of the time he's drawing or reading. I love this little book worm of mine. For Halloween he is going to the cowardly lion from Wizard of Oz and he's very excited about it.
She: is my little sassy, spunky, sometimes(er... often) stubborn, little 3 year old. Her favorite things in life are eating (not joking, she would eat all day if she could) and snuggling with her bunny, more specifically, the tag on it. She loves to play at our local indoor park and also loves to swing. She is a complete copy cat of me in all things, but mostly in the way she talks. If I yell upstairs to Jason "babe, dinners ready!!" She yells up to him "baaaaaaabbbbe, come on and eaaaat!!" In other words she can be a little bit of a bossy pants 😬 ahhh but I love her so much! She is my most snuggly toddler and loves to be "snuggle bunnies" (my arm must be placed under her neck and she must be in the baby rocking position and have her bunny and taggy, sucking on her finger). She is still very much the baby of the family.
He: is slowly transitioning back home:(( in fact he only lives with us on the weekends. His birth mom seems to be taking this transition well and although my own heart is sad, I am learning to be happy for them. It has been a long 15 months (the longest return to home placement we've ever had), but I don't regret it for a moment. That precious boy has brought so much joy to our life and it's been such a blessing to care for him. We will always love him.
He: is gearing up to start working in the ICU with dayshift first and then on to nights. I'm so proud of him. It's been such a long journey, but I know he's so thankful and happy to have this job. During this training period we have been so fortunate since he has only been working 9-5 and also having some days where he is home for self study. The kids are so thrilled to have their daddy home more and for him to finished with school.
I: have been sooo enjoying my time as a stay at home mom. I'm able to do so much more with the kids and I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to watch them grow. I'm still volunteering at our local indoor park (which is such a blessing in the rainy season). I'm disappointed that I haven't done as much sewing and embroidery, but I took on a little side job of making some shoes for a friends baby so I can't wait to get "back in the saddle" again :) I'm very excited for the thanksgiving and Christmas season that is upon us. It's my absolute favorite time of year so I'm a little giddy about it. The Christmas decor will probably start going up right after Halloween.
When do you decorate for Christmas?
I'd love to hear in the comments ❤️
Happy raiding your kids Halloween buckets,
Naomi
Comments