10 DAYS!

Well folks, it 10 days until our embryo transfer!!!


We received some exciting news from our clinic a few weeks ago and that is that we qualify for their Refund Program. This is very exciting and one of the main things that drew us to the clinic. They are so confident that they can help you carry a baby, that they offer this program for those who qualify. There were several things that you had to be/have in order to qualify but on March 13 we found out that we qualified! Basically what that means is that if we don't get pregnant or if we lose the baby before 11 weeks (all three times), then we are not at a large financial loss i.e. we get our money back. For those going through infertility you know how difficult financially it all can be so this was very important to us!

So I started my medications on March 18 and since I only have streak ovaries, I didn't have to take Lupron Injections (yup, you read that right. Injecting myself with a long needle). BUT I did have to start Estrogen patches which help to thicken my uterine lining to help that Snowflake Baby stick, stick, stick! Since I have been on hormone therapy for 10 years and I had to stop that, in order to start my new medications, I started to bleed. This is obviously concerning since I want to THICKEN my lining, not SHED it, so my doctor started me on Estrogen pills to stop the bleeding. It worked!

Our next step is for me to fly to Sacramento, California (THIS FRIDAY!!) for my lining check and if all looks good I will start my Progesterone shots the next day. I'm pretty nervous to be honest. I have asked Jason to give them to me because I'm really scared, so we will do them everyday together at 5pm,  that way if he is working the night shift, it will still work.

If my lining is thick enough, then we will get the go-ahead for our transfer on April 6, 2017. Jason and I have made plans to leave April 5 and drive to Sacramento where we reserved and Airbnb! Its a little studio apartment and looks so cute and I just wanted to say that I so appreciate Jason trying to make this little "baby" trip so special. He found the little apartment after I was dismayed to see how much hotel prices had gone up in Davis... He also helped me book an Uber for my trip this weekend and just in general has been so encouraging during this process. I LOVE him!


The trip is an 8 hour drive and then after the transfer we are staying one more night and then driving back.

I know God has this whole process in HIS hands. He has been directing us every step of the way and opening all sorts of doors for us both physically and financially. I'm so thankful for science, but even more thankful for a God who breathes life into the precious embryo being transferred.



Please continue to pray for us and this precious LIFE being added to our family!

xxxx
Naomi




Comments

alamama said…
Thanks for the update!! I can't even imagine the state os mind, emotions, etc. you must be in. So many all at once I am sure. I will def be praying for you guys. Golly, you are a brave woman. Brave and strong. https://theycallmemomweb.wordpress.com

Popular Posts