Update

Wow! I am overcome with all of the inspiring and encouraging comments that I have been receiving from people I don't even know!

All I can say is THANK YOU!

I called the Journey's of the Heart agency today to get some questions answered. If I adopt by the end of 2011, I will receive a $13,170 tax credit from the IRS and when I asked if that was a possibility, the secretary said "yes"!

I think the most exciting news that she gave me though was this.

They are rarely turning down prospective Oregon adoptive parents! This is because so many of their birth mom's are from Oregon and because they believe in open adoptions, the birth mom chooses parents that live in Oregon so she can be close to them (distance wise).

Photobucket

I also emailed to get a specific list of fees and when i got the return email, my heart practically stopped. I guess i didn't realize that it would be over 25,000 dollars to adopt.

Here is a quick list:

Application fee: $300
Required Class: $150 per person
Homestudy: $1700
Homestudy review: $300
Postplacement reports: $2000
Homestudy Updates: $400-800
Program fee: $5000
Placement Fee: $18000
Post Placement Report: $150
Legal Fees: $1500
Infant Medical Expenses: $1500

Wow! That makes me discouraged just looking at it!

BUT I know that we serve a big God who can do anything... And I am learning to put my full trust in him. He knows the desires of our hearts, but in the meantime I know that I am going to have a lot of work ahead of me.

We are going to apply for some grants, but we cannot do this until our homestudy is completed (in other words, we are going to need quite a bit of money up front).

SO let the PRAYER and FUND RAISERS begin!!!

Comments

Kelly Marin said…
Remember God owns it all! And you're His child. Believe! HE delights in our Faith.
Kelly
Brynna Farley said…
Let me know if you need any help with anything!!
cathy said…
Please let me know if you do a fundraiser......
Ask your mom-in-love--I am a friend of hers' & would be happy to donate a gift card to you

xoxo
cathy

Popular Posts