What if? Adoption...

Last night I was looking up adoption agencies online and found one called Journey's of the Heart. It popped out to me because it was out of Hillsboro, Or and the birth mothers were looking for younger parents with 0-2 children. The characteristics of the children being adopted out were infants/newborns up to the toddler age.

Photobucket

In the past I always thought that it would be impossible to adopt through an agency because of the cost... BUT...

I suddenly had a thought. If Patti can fund raise and make $13,000 is less than one week for a little boy with down syndrome that desperately needs a home, who says that I can't fund raise to be able to adopt a baby of my own.

So I called my mom and mother-in-law to talk about the possibility of a car wash this summer. A couple of car washes even! Whatever it takes. Whatever it takes to get a baby in my arms. A baby who maybe has no hope of a future or maybe even is in danger of being aborted.

Just to apply for Journey's of the Heart costs $300. Then the homestudy is around $1500. All of the other fees add up to approx $18,000-20,000 dollars.

I know that I can't do this on my own, but I think that there may have been a reason that God led me to this website last night. Kaysea and Michael will be going home in a couple of months and I think that i need something to put all my efforts into. I need some hope that another baby is out there and he or she is just for me and Jason.

Photobucket

More thoughts to come, but I just wanted to get that out on the table. Any ideas from any of my readers?

Sincerely, Naomi

Comments

Hannah said…
Naomi,
I know a family who did just that! They did a ton of fundraisers to bring their baby home, and it was so touching, and successful. That is a great idea! I will be praying for you guys, and would love to help in whatever way I can. :)
Patti said…
I'm with you all the way, baby! Or should I say GRAND baby!! Let's bring this sweetie home!! You know I'll do whatever I can to help. oxox
Brynna Farley said…
I'm in full support of your decision of adopting. My aunt and uncle did adoption, really hard at first, but they pulled through. She has become part of their family. My family. Their daughter just recently celebrated her 4th birthday.

I love the dedication you have towards wanting kids and I think you would make a great mom. Let me know if there is anything I can help with. I like the car wash idea.
I was wondering if you have ever thought of surrogacy too. I've been curious about that for some time. Wondering if there is a way for me to help other people who aren't able to have kids themselves.
Kelly Marin said…
Im a new reader of your blog,(I know Patti)and I think adoption is a beautiful way to go and I will be praying for you in this endeavor.
Lori said…
I think that is a great idea - do a blog giveaway - I will help in any way possible!! Love you guys!!
Anonymous said…
Naomi- You are blessed with an amazing mother-n-law!! And I know she feels the same way about you. I just read her blog, and I want you to know that we are praying for you all and would love to see you all have a precious baby in your arms. I know God will bless you in this way. Count me in to help! Love, Cara
teal915 said…
I've been following your MIL blog for a while now. God definitely has a plan for your family. It will happen. Wishing you all the best.
Anna Theurer said…
Dear Naomi,

As you can probably guess, your miracle-worker MIL is at it again! She posted your story on one of her blogs and now so many of us know and want to help out! My best friend is in the middle of the adoption process so I know a little bit about these things--well mostly that it costs a lot of money. I will be praying and please keep us all posted.
nicole said…
Dear Naomi,
The original Mrs. Rice sent me your way. First of all I have to say . . . you are just beautiful! There is a couple from my area (Ohio) that had the privilege of adopting three babies, two of which came to them because the birth mothers were seeking an abortion. There was someone working at the abortion mill who was persuaded to give out adoption information to the clients and amazingly the birth mothers changed their minds. So, these two little soon to be aborted babies were be saved and given up for adoption. Is there a crisis pregnancy center where you live? Maybe getting in contact with them could point you in a promising direction. I'm sure you have thought of these things already, but just in case.
my family said…
naomi, i have following patti for quite a while and am in love with your precious baby sister in law (how funny does that sound)I pray you all find a way to raise funds for adoption.

your newest follower, april
heather rice said…
Naomi,
Praying for you and Jason and a ton of money to drop out of the sky into your laps ;)
Love,
Heather
Lori said…
Naomi - check out this website - lots of info - may inspire you - hope it helps - love you soooooooo much!!! http://www.amotherslovefundraising.com/amotherslove.html
Lori said…
Also - google "adoption grants" - there are lots of organizations out there (lots of Christian ones too) with money for families who qualify - you may have to write testimonial, letter, etc., but send it all in - that is what I did for College, and I made money going - there is money out there!!! Google it - God will help you!!!
aly win said…
hey nome. i just wrote a huge comment of ideas on MIL blog but i think we can do it. there are soooo many people who love you who have so many connections ! I was thinking we could do a couple benifit concerts through out the summer with a five buck cover charge or even like 7 dollars. we could have all kinda specials. like hit singles that we do covers of. like journey music and like hits people regonize. people love that stuff and i know if i would pay the fee to get in to help ur cause and im on the rather poor side im sureeee everyone else would. all us kids from mack should get together and brainstorm then havea small commity to plan the events. I could def help i have lots of free time and ry is almost a year old so he plays and is not as non stop needing to b held. we all love u... this is totally do able !
Patti said…
Aly- I LOVE YOU!!:)
Naomi said…
Oh my goodness. I am overcome with emotion reading all of your comments. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! i have so many helpful ideas now and my brain is going a mile a minute! Jason put his arms around me yesterday and said "We are going to adopt from an agency!" =)i am a happy girl!
cathy said…
Naomi, I'm praying & thinking about you for everything to work out for a baby for you & Jason.....your mother-in-love told me about you & I will help in any way I can

xoxo
cathy
Kris Altringer said…
Naomi, When you hold your baby in your arms for the first time you will say, "I am complete"..... and all of the journey will make sense!! I will help you anyway I can! I love you!
Erica said…
Naomi, I have been following your MIL's blog since she started fundraising for Olga. I have adopted 2 infants myself and I just wanted to tell you that is is possible! Our sons adoption was through House of Ruth, which is a ministry of Calvary Chapel Church in Downey, CA and cost about $10,000 total. Our daughter's adoption was about $25,000 and we worked with http://www.HeavenSentAdopt.com The most important place to start though is with a homestudy. Once you have a homestudy, your options are wide open in applying for grants, and applying in any state for a baby. I think the biggest differences in cost was our son's adoption was in state and both parents signed off on the adoption, where as our daughter's adoption was all the way across the country and her father was not tracked down for 4 months so it ate a lot of the attorney's time and time is money. Just a little bit of info for you. Hope it helps! God bless you on your journey!
Erica said…
Also another wonderful organization if you are willing to accept some special needs is CHASK.org. Again you need a homestudy to get started with them, but they charge no fees and they are always looking for families. Remember that you can hire agencies, like Journey to the Heart, for any portion of their services usually, you do not have to tie into an agency just because you want a homestudy through them. We had our homestudy done by Bethany Christian Services and they were very helpful and reasonable.
Jamie Rand said…
Hey Naomi and Jason I would love to help you guys out by having a Scentsy fundraiser on my website for a entire month, where you can direct people to the site and there will be a spot where people can choose to purchase towards you all. Anyways I would donate very happily 100% of my commisions to you guys. Just a thought, it would be super easy. Let me know. Jamie Rand rand_family@yahoo.com
Virginia Revoir said…
Oh my goodness, it's so MUCH money to adopt! There are parents out there that want to but the cost is just so huge! Seriously, that's crazy! Can't wait to see a pictures with babies in your arms. :)

Popular Posts