Oh Baby Where are You?

Dear Baby,
I thought a lot about you today... My other two temporary darlings are going home in about 2 weeks and I can't help wondering if you are out there somewhere already. Are you in a beautiful momma's little tummy, growing just like you should be?

I miss you a lot today even though I don't even know you yet... All I know is that this year is going to be the year that we bring you home.

I cannot wait to hold you in my arms for the first time and snuggle you close. Breathe in your beautiful fresh smell and kiss the top of your head.

My sister emailed me a story that is a take of off the Welcome to Holland poem and it is about adoption.

It made me cry.

Different Trips to the Same Place

Deciding to have a baby is like planning a trip to Australia. You’ve heard it’s a wonderful place, you’ve read many guidebooks and feel certain you’re ready to go. Everyone you know has traveled there by plane.

They say it can be a turbulent flight with occasional rough landings, but you can look forward to being pampered on the trip.So you go to the airport and ask the ticket agent for a ticket to Australia.

All around you,excited people are boarding planes for Australia. It seems there is no seat for you; you’ll have to wait for the next flight. Impatient, but anticipating a wonderful trip, you wait–and wait–and wait.Flights to Australia continue to come and go. People say silly things like, “Relax. You’ll get on a flight soon.” Other people actually get on the plane and then cancel their trip, to which you cry, “It’s not fair!”

After a long time the ticket agent tells you, “I’m sorry, we’re not going to be able to get you on a plane to Australia. Perhaps you should think about going by boat.” “By BOAT!” you say. “Going by boat will take a very long time and it costs a great deal of money. I really had my heart set on going by plane.”

So you go home and think about not going to Australia at all. You wonder if Australia will be as beautiful if you approach it by sea rather than air. But you have long dreamed of this wonderful place, and finally decide to travel by boat.

It is a long trip, many months over many rough seas. No one pampers you. You wonder if you will ever see Australia. Meanwhile, your friends have flown back and forth to Australia two or three more times, marveling about each trip.

Then one glorious day, the boat docks in Australia. It is more exquisite than you ever imagined, and the beauty is magnified by your long days at sea. You have made many wonderful friends during your voyage, and you find yourself comparing stories with others who also traveled by sea rather than by air.

People continue to fly to Australia as often as they like, but you are able to travel only once, perhaps twice. Some say things like, “Oh, be glad you didn’t fly. My flight was horrible; traveling by sea is so easy.” You will always wonder what it would have been like to fly to Australia. Still, you know God blessed you with a special appreciation of Australia, and the beauty of Australia is not in the way you get there, but in the place itself.

Enough said... That say's it all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Naomi, so often I pop over to keep up with your blog and I never am good at commenting, but yesterday and today it was almost like I was trying NOT to comment. My mom knows your MOL (which is how I found your blog)Just wanted to tell you that I do think of you and Jason and will keep you in my prayers. Especially for this coming year, so that you (and all of us) can see your dream come true) One year ago in January I read the Welcome To Holland poem. It was such a painful time for me, and not the way to I would choose to go. BUT life is so much sweeter having gone through it! Not one day that goes by that I don't celebrate all of the teeny tiny moments that I took for granted before.
Our experiences are not the same. I cant say that I know the struggles, thoughts or fears that you have. They may or not be the same as mine. However there is a common ground in pain. You now have a greater understanding in so many areas, a greater compassion, a greater love, a softer heart but also a greater endurance. I just felt encouraged to tell you that this time right now is not wasted. Hugs to Kaysea and Michael. Praying for you!

(Really hope this all made sense)
Rose
cathy said…
Naomi, I am a friend of your MOL, as well. I will do whatever I can to help you get to "Australia"

My heart is heavy for you, but you are in my prayers & God listens...

xoxo
cathy
Patti said…
can't wait to see who our beautiful grandbaby will be...it's going to be worth the wait! I'm going to do all I can to help you get to Australia, dearest daughter-in-love. Even if I have to paddle that boat there myself! So glad God is on our side- He's going to get us there. oxox
Danielle said…
ok. so I know I sent you the Australia story.. and I didn't cry when I read it the first time, just thought it was so true and o-so-very applicable. but today now, maybe your music put me over the edge (: or maybe I'm just a pregnant hormonal mess who hates to be flying there when you have to take the boat... all I know is I'm a blubbering mess right now as I type this. and I want your dreams to come true baby. I do. I want it so bad for you. My heart hurts and aches and I sometimes hate to have joy in my pregnancy when I know it's something you will never experience. Last night I was laying in bed w/ Johnny telling him about the first time I saw a baby be born in middle school on a video and I thought it was simply the MOST amazing thing I had ever seen. It just fascinated me. and then it dawned on me, and I said to him, "I will never get to experience that" (meaning a vaginal birth), "How sad." and then I thought for maybe two seconds and said, it's really not a big of a deal in the big scheme of things. You know, I get my baby, and that's the best part. and I know it's small in comparison with what you have gone thru - And while I know there is a long road of grief in this process, YOU WILL get that baby. And I can't wait to be His/Her AUNTIE! I love you ditder! I can't wait to help you make your dreams come true!!
Anonymous said…
give me a paddle!!! Naomi something is about to happen... all this info getting out to so many people. The comment left on your blog I think it was the first comment. How thoughtful and well said, so sweet. Yeah I expect a good report everyday. Like your new blog page. That pix of Kaysea is priceless it just cracks me up!!!!!!!
love you. Today is Pattis birthday. Someone better make her birthday cake shaped pancakes.
Love, Mom
Patti said…
okay, I'm stealing this music for Lily's blog!!
kecia said…
i know Patti, I LOVE this song! John Schmidt played it in person at my husbands work party this christmas!

This post was so beautiful! Having gone through mutiple miscarriages, a tubal pregnancy and infertility issues, I feel your heartache to some degree. I don't even know you but I can already tell what a lucky baby yours will be one day,,,,soon!
Anonymous said…
Naomi- this is beautiful!! I am voting for Lily on the photo contest and spreading the word because your amazing mother-n-law, I know, will give you all the money for your adoption. I cannot wait to see that precious baby in your arms. The pictures of you and your hubby are beautiful. I can tell that you all will be great parents. God is good; He will bless you with this desire of your heart. Much love to all of you, Cara
Patti said…
Oh my gosh, Kecia- IN PERSON?! How cool would that be!!

Naomi- just ate that SCRUMPTIOUS chocolate birthday cupcake- I think I just gained a POUND!! But thank you!!
Lori said…
So excited for you and Jason!!! Praying for you guys - I am going to be a Great-Aunt (ha-get it?)!!!
Virginia Revoir said…
My heart aches for you. I so badly can't wait to see a baby in your arms that will stay. I always wanted to foster but I'm too scared. I'm scared I'll get attached, which I always do, and then they be taken away from me. :( I'm voting for Lily so you can win that money.
Anonymous said…
Guess what guess what...??? Dad and I are donating the IPAD for the
upcoming AMAZING, MIRACULOUS FUNDRAISING EVENT....COMING SOON !!!
Love you both, Mom and Dad
Naomi said…
Thank you everyone for your inspirational, making-me-cry-every time comments! I am trusting God so very much right now in this difficult time of so many unknowns and all your kind words help keep my heart high.. Can't wait to see all God is going to do in the next few months.
Ashley said…
That is beautiful, Naomi! You and Jason are both amazing people, and you are both going to be sooo blessed. Can't wait to meet your new bundle of joy, and I will be donating to your funds asap! Love you <3
Anonymous said…
I'm soooo sure you guys are gonna get a newborn. God blessed you with kase and micheal, And I know he can bless yoy with another one.

Popular Posts