Birth Story (or I guess a foster story)

Yesterday morning was a crazy and wonderful day... needless to say I woke up at 5:45am wide awake and ready to go. We headed to Philomath to purchase a new dresser for the nursery first thing in the morning. It is beautiful! Then we headed home and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned.
Baby K's room
New dresser from Craigslist


I was so nervous to pick up K.  I had that diaper bag stuffed to the brim and then some in the baby car seat! I wanted to take pictures so bad for the memories, but there is always that awkward fine line where you know people are thinking, "that's not her baby. It's just a foster baby. Why is she acting like it's hers?" Okay, so maybe people are not thinking that, but that is always the way that I feel!

So at first we were trying not to be so obvious with our pictures, but in the end we ended up really not caring. The nurses were super nice!
We got to the nursery around noon and immediately were able to hold him, rock him, and feed him. He is a good eater and a great snuggler! I bought him that little hat he is wearing and we were even able to change him into a little going home outfit.

My mom is holding K in the picture below and Jason is holding my nephew Brock. For those of you who have not heard the story, baby K was born the same day as Brock and they shared the same nursery! I was there in the hospital when he was born and didn't even know it. I got the call from DHS a few hours after Brock had been born and Jason answered the phone. He mouthed to me that it was DHS and I immediately knew what that meant. "How old?" I immediately whispered back. "Newborn. Mom is in labor now! Here at this hospital!" A fluttering immediately began in my stomach and I thought can I go through this again? Is this going to fall through like the last baby we were supposed to get?

So we said yes, but I commanded myself not to get my hopes up and I made everyone in the room swear that they would tell no one about this.

And here were are now. Forever God is faithful.
Baby K left and Brock on the right. My mom was in heaven!! She kept telling everyone she had twins!
We left the hospital a little bit before 4pm and I could not believe how baby K's car seat swallowed him up! We headed straight to the Rices to meet Jason's family, my dad and my sister.
On our way home!
Everyone was so excited to see him... he was held by all and snuggled even more.

Papa holding his 2nd grandson


Auntie Kenzie (the photographer who took the gorgeous photos in the last post)
Uncle Josiah

He slept so well last night and although he woke up about every two hours, he just made soft sweet sounds like he was just so content.

I am absolutely in love. And you know what? I am fine with that. He can have all of my love for as long as I will have him. He absolutely deserves it...

Comments

E said…
praise the LORD!!!
HE is soooo good!
Unknown said…
oh he is so lovely! infact both of those babies are beautiful! i would love an invite to your private blog if you dont mind! i live in the uk and am already a huge fan of patti and lily and all your family! my email is jane@joegeorgemusic.co.uk and i blog over at flight platform living textgeorge.blogspot.com i hope all continues well for this beautiful baby and you xxxx
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
What a beautiful baby and story! God is good! I would love to continue to follow your journey with him, but I don't actually know you so if you're not comfortable with that I completely understand! I have been a foster momma since last October to an amazing little boy that just turned 2. I love him more than words could ever say and am terrified to lose him. But regardless of the pain I will experience if/when he's gone, I wouldn't trade my time with him for anything! Every ounce of pain will be so worth it for the joy he brought me and the gift it was to be the one to love him while he was here!

jennawieland@gmail.com
Jenny said…
ive been following for awhile and he is beautiful. i would love to be invited.

jenny.ludeman@gmail.com
TheFoleyFive said…
thefoleyz@live.com...can't wait to read more!
Kelly Marin said…
OH Naomi what a beautiful boy!Looking forward to hearing more:)
Jenn said…
Oh Naomi... we are so happy for you!!! We've been praying for you all and the baby God has for you. And we 100% understand what you mean about being worried people are thinking "that's not her baby", we feel like that too. We have come to realize... for however long they are with us, they are our babies we treat them no different than our other children :) I'd love to follow along with baby K's story. My email address is theabellfamily@comcast.net
Hugs & prayers
Jenn & family
Brynna Farley said…
Oh Naomi I am so happy for you! Your story made me teary eyed, just trying to imagine what you are going through. Very touching.
I know you don't me very well but I'm interested in following you through your journey with your new baby.

Take care!
crampton86@gmail.com
aly win said…
ahh i wanna snuggle him... invite me to ur private blog :] alywin_8259@hotmail.com
Sara said…
I'd love an invite to the private blog! saradawn12@gmail.com

Baby K is precious! You guys are all precious and you & Jason are just beaming!
abprincess2330 said…
Baby K is just darling! I wish you the very best! You and your husband look so natural at parents. Please send an invite my way; abprincess2330@aol.com
nicole said…
Love seeing the pictures. My e-mail is envoisard@gmail.com
Kim said…
Yay! I was thinking with the photos that you are fine either way - you guys (and he) would want the photos whether he lives with you permanently or not. He'll want to see how excited you were either way. (Hope it's forever!!!)

festivus04@hotmail.com
aliceplus3 said…
I would love an invite, aliceplus2@yahoo.co.uk I came over from Lily's blog and am an avid follower of Reeces Rainbow blogs :)
Lori said…
What a beautiful post - in tears reading it - So happy for you guys - praying for baby K!!
Lori said…
The nursery looks beautiful!!
I'm so so so happy for you. I love God's timing and I know you all are very blessed. I would love to keep following along...

navychic98@yahoo.com
Cassie Soric said…
What a stinkin cutie! I can't believe he is smiling in the picture above. I am so excited to see what God is holding for you and Jason in the future. He's got great things for you.
my family said…
oh so happy for you all Praising God. You all have been in my prayers for some time now. I would love to follow your private blog. I follow Patti and love that Miss Lily:)
narrettog@yahoo.com

april
Tierra said…
What a beautiful baby! So happy for you all! Would love to follow your private blog.
Tierrasmall@hotmail.com
Rose said…
Love the pic's!! Thanks for sharing!The excitement just jumps through....
Please add me. Would love an invite to your blog. Love and hugs to K.
rsunshinincalij@gmail.com
Toby K. said…
Oh Naomi! I have tears in my eyes as I read and sniffle through your posts; those pictures! his little face, and little hands, and little toes, and his beautiful dark eyes full of curiosity and wonder and most of all full of hope, deeply filled with the new hope of new life. Oh Naomi- I am so happy for you! and praying always for you! I'll be praying for Baby K now as well :)
Blondemomentspro@yahoo.com, I wanna read more and wanna know his real name ;D
Kim said…
I would love an invite. I came over from lily's blog and notes from home. I totally understand if you only want to invite people you know, though. Kimkage@gmail.com
Pressed Petals said…
oh congrats! God is a good god!! i'd love to read you rblog... preesed24petals at yahoo dot com
Rebecca said…
I am so happy to read your story. My husband and I will be on this same path next year hopefully. :)

emeraldlilytx at gmail dot com
awilburn17 said…
I've been following your blog for a while now. I made my way here from Lily's blog. I understand if you are just inviting people you know, but I would love to continue following you in this new adventure. awilburn17@yahoo.com
Tanya said…
Hello,

I've been following your blog for a while now,

I have 5 kids and 2 are adopted, We had them for 2 years before CAS (children's aid society in canada) decided to go for crown wardship :) Its been 9 years now and they are a most wonderful addition to our family :)
I'd love to follow your private blog about baby K, but I understand if you would rather not have strangers peeking into your lives ,

blessings to all of you.


Tanya

tan5kids@hotmail.com
Unknown said…
Although you don't know me personally, I have silently shared in your very personal journey to motherhood. (I found your blog via "A Perfect Lily"). You and your husband are so inspirational and the warmth and purity of your faith is obvious and heart warming. I would love the opportunity to check in on your family from time to time via your private blog if you would feel comfortable sharing with me even though we haven't met in person. May God bless your sweet little family!

Leisa Powell
leisa.powell@gmail.com
Melissa Reeger said…
I came over from lilys blog and love reading yours as well. Would love an invite if you don't mind :) mlreeger@ncsu.edu
Melanie McNitt said…
What a sweetie! I would love to follow your blog. I live in Michigan and am a kindergarten teacher. I found your blog through Lily's. We have a neice with DS, so I really enjoy reading about Lily and her family. I completely understand if you only want people following your blog that you actually know. :)

mkmcnitt@yahoo.com

Thanks. I will keep you in my prayers.
Melanie McNitt
Neen said…
Hi Naomi
My name is Janine & I'm from Cairns Australia. I read your mother in laws blog which I adore. I have been following your story for a while now & pray that your heart might be full. I would love to be invited to read your personal blog. My email is njrcf@westnet.com.au
kind regards
Janine
Unknown said…
I love your blog!Please invite me to your other site. I found your site through your mother-in-law's site, and have been reading since.
jbuck361@yahoo.com
Michele said…
Would love to be added to your private blog! Been following this one and Lily's for awhile. Your new baby boy is so beautiful - so happy for you!

Michele

Aniam9796@yahoo.com
Unknown said…
I am not such a huge fan of foster care because of the sadness I have seen occur with it, but I can't help but feel hopeful for you. You seem so excited and so happy for your baby. May God help you as you navigate this journey. God bless.
susan said…
Well I don't think my last comment went through, but I'll just say again that I am so thrilled for you and have been praying for your own little baby from the stars. I'd love to follow baby k's story. Thank you!

Sjgrip at gmail dot com

sending many blessings to your family,
Sue
Sela Freuler said…
He's absolutely stunning!
And I would love an invite!

alaskanveggie@gmail.com

Prayers and blessings,
Sela
Leah said…
Congrats! I can't wait to read more! Lots of love and hugs to K :) 5henryslife@gmail.com
Kris Altringer said…
So excited for you guys! Love the story that is unfolding before us!!

thealtringers@gmail.com

Love you! Kris
Nicole said…
band_nerd789@yahoo.com
Unknown said…
krystina_wheeler@hotmail.com
God is so good! What a beautiful family. I would love to continue to follow your journey with him, but I don't actually know you so if you're not comfortable with that I completely understand. I have followed your mother in laws blog and in the process of the adoption world. Would love to keep following you along. If you will have me my email is ashlivotaw@gmail.com
Congratulations....been praying for you guys! He is absolutly handsome. Would love to keep up with your blog!

motherofamarine91@yahoo.com
Rebekah said…
Can I have an invite to your private blog? Baby K is SO handsome! I am praising God for how He has worked things out for you :)

lesliejoyphotography@gmail.com
Mallory said…
Naomi and Jason!

So happy for you guys. He is beautiful!

I have been following your story for a few months now.

God is sooooo good and I hope he continues to bless you all!

I would love to be included in the invite! maldawn@att.net
E said…
I just came across your blog but I would love to keep reading his story.

notyouraverageteengirl@gmail.com
if you don't mind an extra reader...
cathy said…
naomi,
i'd love to hear more about him!
So very happy for you, both-

xoxo
cathy

catherinelhanlon@gmail.com
AndreaB said…
Hi Naomi! I would love to be able to read your private blog =] I follow your mother-in-law's blog, and have been praying for you guys!

andrea.busath@gmail.com

-Andrea
mamgof5 said…
I would love to read your personal blog. He is such a sweet little guy. These pictures are just Precious. I just want to say Thank you for all you do.I can not wait to continue on your blog.
mamgof5 said…
Sorry I forgot to put in my email mamlilmam@yahoo.com Thanks again for sharing.
LisaL said…
Hi! I found Lily's blog which led me to Notes from Home which led me to you. I would love to be able to follow your private blog. I have long had desires to foster or adopt. Would love to share your experience!
Lisa
Nokepo70@aol.com
Becki Stone said…
I would love to read your other blog! I'm an adoptive Mommy too!
beckistone777@gmail.com

Popular Posts