Whirlwind of Grace

Okay, I am not going to lie. This week has been an absolute whirlwind and my hands are shaking as I type out this post.

We are getting a baby.

Today.

I didn't wanna breathe a word to anyone until I knew for sure, but it's a boy and he was born the same day as my nephew, in the same hospital, and shared the same nursery with him too. Sounds absolutely coincidental, don't you think?

I think not. I think it was a God thing! I got the call from DHS just a few hours after Brock Samuel made his way into the world and now I will be bringing home this baby that is only a few hours younger than my sisters baby.

I was actually sitting on the labor and delivery floor of the hospital when he was born! It is so crazy.

I got to see him last night too and he is so handsome. Light skin, light brown hair and long beautiful eyelashes... He weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and measured 20 inches long. For privacy reasons I will not share his name on my blog but I am literally freaking out with excitement!

So we have to take a little parenting class at the hosptital (I get to take it with my sis!) at 1pm and then we are bringing him home... What a joy to be able to have a foster baby from its first moments on...

After my sister had her baby she gave me a card that she made herself. On the front it reads, "Coming Soon..." and then the inside reads, "a baby sent from the stars." I walked into my house last night and saw it sitting on my desk and I started to shake. Little did my sister know how soon that baby would come! I still cannot believe this is happening. It is all like a dream! God has surrounded me with his whirlwind of grace during this time and I feel so grateful to be a small part in this child's life as he grows.

He will be loved.

I can guarantee that.

Last night I went shopping for him and stocked up on newborn diapers, bottles, clothes, blankies, binkies, and anything else I could think of. I can already tell that this is going to be fun! Pray for us and I will post pictures ASAP!

Comments

Elindsey said…
Yay! I can't wait to bring down the clothes and meet him. :) 2011 is definitely the year for boys. :)
Brynna Farley said…
Yeah! I'm so happy for you!!! :D
aly win said…
Im so happy. very interesting ... God has a time ... all of his own that we just dont understand but it's for the best :] thinking about what you and jason are saving him from... wow... what a purpose .. double purpose not just being awesome parents but also .. giving this darling boy a chance ! Forever God is Faithful :] xoxox
TheFoleyFive said…
whooooooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see more pics of beautiul delicious K. And wow..that card from your sister...how crazy is that?!?!?!
TheFoleyFive said…
whooooooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see more pics of beautiul delicious K. And wow..that card from your sister...how crazy is that?!?!?!
Heidi said…
Oh my word, God is INCREDIBLE! Looking forward to updates!!!
nicole said…
So happy for you! Can't wait to see that little bundle!
Joyce said…
Praise God! Elindsey told me the awesome news last night and I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for you and Jason!! Congratulations! And I am praying for you guys. :-)
abprincess2330 said…
Oh my dear! This is so God!!!! I am so very thrilled for you! God is an on time God and I can not wait to se photos.
Cassie Soric said…
It's amazing that even though we are having faith for our friends situations, how blown away I am when God does something this great. He has lined everything up perfectly. I am so happy for you and Jason. This is an amazing testimony of God's grace.
cathy said…
so, SO very happy for the both of you

xoxo
cathy
I can't stop crying. I will write more later. And I read backwards to today. Glory to God who REIGNS! I want to get all Praise Jesus like but I will refrain. Know I am doing a happy dance at home. You have no idea how I much I rejoice with you and how every time I prayed for you I had a picture in my head of you looking in that rear view mirror looking at those kicking little feet. WOW, WOW, WOW!

Popular Posts