Garage Sale Treasures

On Saturday morning I talked Jason into taking me garage saleing. Growing up it was a family tradition and we were serious shoppers. My mom would never go to a second day garage sale and if we were going we always had to get up at the crack of dawn. We were the annoying "early birds" and got to sales as people were setting them up! My mom was very serious about this.

Well she sort of raised me to follow in her footsteps. Let's just say we were NOT the first one's at the garage sales, but I did find some pretty cool treasures.

O and Jason? He sat in the car with baby K the whole time listening to the sad excuse of a Beaver game. =)

3 bird candle holders $2

Set of 5 vintage yellow plates $1

Chic black frame

Rustic cream candle holder $1 It currently is acting as a bird nest

And finally vintage green and yellow flowered table cloth,  2 worship CD's and a 3 pack of Big Band music (my all-time favorite!!) $5
That makes for a grand total of $10 and many cool treasures!

Comments

Patti said…
hmmmm I know a very nice lady who would LOVE one of those birdie candle holders for Christmas !!! ;);) JEALOUS!
nicole said…
So funny Naomi because my mom was the same way! One of my sisters and I are garage sale buddies now and we're headed to a few later this week. Love your finds and your decorating style.
Pressed Petals said…
great finds! really good!
Lori said…
I love garage sales and have taught all of my children to love them as well - love the candle holder acting as a nest for the birdie!!!
Mrs. K said…
Papa and I used to go to garage/estate/storage locker sales on a regular bases for years. Just ask Uncle Chris where he got his Varne (not sure of the spelling) glasses for 10cents and leather jacket/vest for $5. We loved it, but then we started noticing we would walk away w/o buying anything and decided we had to have sales ourselves. Just ask Uncle Chris where his Start Wars figures went...on second thought DON'T ASK.

Love those birdie candle holders. I used to collect birds of all kinds. I used to have several vintage dish towels but now they have holes in them and I cannot part with them.

Hug those 2 men in your life for me. Love, Grammi

Popular Posts