Spaghetti and frazzled mornings

Monday evening was divine. The warm sun seeping through my skin, laying on our lawn with Baby K and watching him feel grass on his toes for the first time.  It was just what I needed. We decided to bring dinner outdoors complete with pink lemonade and ice water. Baby K had his first plateful of spaghetti and he was in heaven!




Life has been good lately. Baby K is going on 10 months, is pulling up on everything, walking along furniture and stealing our hearts. He recently just said his first official word (or shall I say "words"). He says "all done!" Clear as anything. He says it when we put him to bed for the night and when he's finished with his meal and when he just wants to make a smile! He also says "da da" but I have yet to hear "ma ma."




It's been hard to keep track of Baby K now that he is so mobile. Even though my house has been childproofed (and is super small), I still find myself chasing him around and searching for him in those "quiet moments" when I know he is getting into something!

This morning I was trying to get us both ready for work and I was a complete frazzled mess throwing things together in the diaper bag, tossing odds and ends from the fridge into a lunch bag and throwing the covers across the bed. I desperately needed a shower, but was nervous to leave Baby K roaming the house. I decided to put him in his crib with a bottle, because he needed one anyway. I was just stepping out of the shower when I hear him hollering "all done!" There was no way he could've already finished the bottle so I headed into his room only to find that the clothes I had just dressed him in were soaking wet. My eyes went straight to the bottle which had no lid on it! Holy Cow!! He is a smart little cookie taking lids off his bottle.

Needless to say my morning did not calm down at this point and it was a miracle I made it on time to work! But I guess that is what memories are made of!

Besides who can be mad at this adorable face and sparkling eyes??

Comments

Danielle said…
Hmmm koa's spaghetti experience was NOTHING like brocks. Remind me to show u the video...! Xoxo
Mrs. K said…
Hey, what is with the Phillies shirt Jason? :>)

Baby K is ever so adorable and keeps getting more and more adorable. But wait!! You only have one plus yourself to get ready. Think of your MIL!!!!

Ah yes, treasure those memories.

Love, Grammi
Kim said…
Hi, I commented on your last post about Picnik closing. I'd mentioned Picasa, which I still like, but also check out PicMonkey. It has the exact tools that Picnik does - the only drawback is that you can only upload one photo at a time. I've been doing my big edits (exposure, color, etc.) in Picasa, but if I have a photo I want to do some extra to I upload it to PicMonkey. :)
Monique Rice said…
awwww. love you guys!
Lori said…
gotta love spaghetti!!!
aly win said…
i love your photography style !!!
i loveyour lil man :]

Popular Posts