It can only get better from here...
So, so far this week has not been the best.
It all started on Sunday morning. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed (maybe I should consider switching sides with my husband) and it all went down hill from there. It was one of those days where you clean your room and get everyone else in the house ready before you do. You're once clean room is all of the sudden littered in every single piece of clothing that was once neatly hanging in your closet because every outfit you put on makes you look like a school marm, or fat, or ugly, or too young, or too old etc.
Fast forward 15 minutes before we need to be leaving for church...
I sigh and stomp around the house expecting my husband to come to my rescue, and do.... what? I don't even know, but something about my wardrobe. Finally I decide it's my hair I hate. I pick up scissors from the kitchen drawer and tell Jason that I am going to cut my hair. Only my bangs, mind you, but it sounds so much more dramatic to say my "hair." He tells me no and that we are going to be late for church and that I am going to regret it. But it's too late I have already shut the bathroom door, pinned back my hair and am measuring the length of bangs I want with my fingers. Seeing my fingers reminded me that I hate the way they look and WHY do I still bite my fingernails?? Anyways, fast forward to watching in horror as my hair falls in the sink and I think "Oh God what have I done?" But it's too late, so I wash my hair in the sink, brush it out (more like rip it out) and try desperately to style my new do.
Fast forward to "we were supposed to be leaving for church 5 minutes ago"...
I am once again a happy wife, Jason tells Baby K to tell mommy her hair looks pretty, and just like that my PMS moment is over.
Yesterday I tried out the new Wal-Mart in town for my grocery trip. Everything was higher priced than Winco and to make matters worse, they didn't have Fiber One Cereal or pita bread or grapes. Then I get up to the counter and realize I forgot my WIC for baby K. Feeling extremely irritated, I check out anyways and swear to myself I am never going there again (except maybe for diapers because they are a little cheaper there). Also, can we go back to the no Fiber One cereal for a sec? Because I had to buy Kashi. And when the box shows something similar to bird feed/dog food for the picture and it proudly proclaims "as much protein as an egg!" it's never a good sign. I had to choke that down for breakfast this morning.
So this morning started off pretty good. I remembered that I wanted to take Baby K and the other little boy to I babysit to Toddler Story time at the library. We were running a little behind this morning and I honestly wasn't even thinking about my speed when I saw the motorcycle cop turn his lights on BEFORE I even got to him. Seriously WHO gets a speeding ticket 10 feet from their house? I do apparently. Because I got my first speeding ticket this morning since I was like 17. And yes, I cried.
So here I am hoping that the week is going to get better from here on out.
Someone once said that "The bad days make your good days feel really good" or something like that. I hope it's true!
In other news.... I found this idea from Kellehampton.com and have been wanting to do it for awhile. I love how she adds her phone photos to her blog in a collage. Since I haven't added any Insta photos for awhile, I thought I'd drop some here! Enjoy!
From left to right: 1) Baby K playing with his new train set from Ikea 2) Auntie Jen comes to visit 3) Easter attire 4) Aunt Nell's gorgeous tulips 5) Hipster party attire 6) Garage sale finds: new quilt and mirror 7) Best cousins 8) Dancing with Auntie's hat 9) Patio bike ride 10) new bike seat and first bike ride with daddy 11) Painting frames and bookshelves for Baby K's room 12) Nephew time with Connor 13) New fun dress from Ross 14) Baby wearin'
Is everyone else having a good week? Cuz it can only get better from here!
It all started on Sunday morning. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed (maybe I should consider switching sides with my husband) and it all went down hill from there. It was one of those days where you clean your room and get everyone else in the house ready before you do. You're once clean room is all of the sudden littered in every single piece of clothing that was once neatly hanging in your closet because every outfit you put on makes you look like a school marm, or fat, or ugly, or too young, or too old etc.
Fast forward 15 minutes before we need to be leaving for church...
I sigh and stomp around the house expecting my husband to come to my rescue, and do.... what? I don't even know, but something about my wardrobe. Finally I decide it's my hair I hate. I pick up scissors from the kitchen drawer and tell Jason that I am going to cut my hair. Only my bangs, mind you, but it sounds so much more dramatic to say my "hair." He tells me no and that we are going to be late for church and that I am going to regret it. But it's too late I have already shut the bathroom door, pinned back my hair and am measuring the length of bangs I want with my fingers. Seeing my fingers reminded me that I hate the way they look and WHY do I still bite my fingernails?? Anyways, fast forward to watching in horror as my hair falls in the sink and I think "Oh God what have I done?" But it's too late, so I wash my hair in the sink, brush it out (more like rip it out) and try desperately to style my new do.
Fast forward to "we were supposed to be leaving for church 5 minutes ago"...
I am once again a happy wife, Jason tells Baby K to tell mommy her hair looks pretty, and just like that my PMS moment is over.
Yesterday I tried out the new Wal-Mart in town for my grocery trip. Everything was higher priced than Winco and to make matters worse, they didn't have Fiber One Cereal or pita bread or grapes. Then I get up to the counter and realize I forgot my WIC for baby K. Feeling extremely irritated, I check out anyways and swear to myself I am never going there again (except maybe for diapers because they are a little cheaper there). Also, can we go back to the no Fiber One cereal for a sec? Because I had to buy Kashi. And when the box shows something similar to bird feed/dog food for the picture and it proudly proclaims "as much protein as an egg!" it's never a good sign. I had to choke that down for breakfast this morning.
So this morning started off pretty good. I remembered that I wanted to take Baby K and the other little boy to I babysit to Toddler Story time at the library. We were running a little behind this morning and I honestly wasn't even thinking about my speed when I saw the motorcycle cop turn his lights on BEFORE I even got to him. Seriously WHO gets a speeding ticket 10 feet from their house? I do apparently. Because I got my first speeding ticket this morning since I was like 17. And yes, I cried.
So here I am hoping that the week is going to get better from here on out.
Someone once said that "The bad days make your good days feel really good" or something like that. I hope it's true!
In other news.... I found this idea from Kellehampton.com and have been wanting to do it for awhile. I love how she adds her phone photos to her blog in a collage. Since I haven't added any Insta photos for awhile, I thought I'd drop some here! Enjoy!
From left to right: 1) Baby K playing with his new train set from Ikea 2) Auntie Jen comes to visit 3) Easter attire 4) Aunt Nell's gorgeous tulips 5) Hipster party attire 6) Garage sale finds: new quilt and mirror 7) Best cousins 8) Dancing with Auntie's hat 9) Patio bike ride 10) new bike seat and first bike ride with daddy 11) Painting frames and bookshelves for Baby K's room 12) Nephew time with Connor 13) New fun dress from Ross 14) Baby wearin'
Is everyone else having a good week? Cuz it can only get better from here!

Comments
LOVE all those pictures of that sweet handsome little guy. If it helps you, when I saw your blog come up in my new mail I smiled and quickly clicked on it to open and read. I so look forward to your blog. Love, Grammi