Lately.
Lately we have been enjoying our spring. It's been lovely so far. Filled with bike rides, walks to the park, story time at the library, reading, and lots of sister time/cousins time. Rain comes and I become frustrated because there are so many things I wanna do that require sun: photo shoots, bike rides, afternoon jogs etc. But my husband has been teaching me to enjoy the rainy days. We stay inside and read and snuggle under the covers. We have Baby K climb into bed with us in the mornings.
My super talented dad made these bookshelves for me a few months ago and I finally got around to painting them and my husband hanging them. Baby K is in love with them. He has his own little reading corner with plenty of awesome books, a rocking chair and comfy pillows. It also makes for a perfect bedtime reading corner for mommy and baby.
My momma was in town and today we had all the kiddos over for lunch. That is 10 people in my tiny two bedroom apartment. And it was bliss.
I made lunch and let the younger ones take naps and the older ones play with a wooden train set at our feet. They each migrated off to do their own thing. One coloring at the table, another trying to make the train tracks form a full circle and the other playing with other toys nearby. I love them being here. I love my family being so close to me.
My littlest nephew is growing like crazy and starting to fill out. But I love how his eyes follow his mama now and how a little smile is starting to curve on his mouth. Makes me want a little one even more. Not that I didn't already have a problem with that.
Our adoption situations (both of them) are moving pretty slowly at the moment, but I have learned to try to soak up these times. I try to keep myself busy as to not dwell on the fact that I haven't gotten THE call yet. We still are getting calls from our agency, but they are few and far between as things are a little slow right now.
I know God is working on our little miracle somewhere and I can't wait to see what is in store. For now though, I am counting my blessings that I have these little ones in my life. And that I have Baby K. Still here. He'll be two in 3 months and I cannot believe that we have even started planning a birthday party that I never thought I'd even have the chance to plan.
And just for the record. It's gonna be Elmo theme. Because the kid LOVES his Elmo and his mama loves him.
So I guess that's it for now. Hope you all have a lovely spring filled weekend. And remember to think about what your little blessings are right now!
My super talented dad made these bookshelves for me a few months ago and I finally got around to painting them and my husband hanging them. Baby K is in love with them. He has his own little reading corner with plenty of awesome books, a rocking chair and comfy pillows. It also makes for a perfect bedtime reading corner for mommy and baby.
My momma was in town and today we had all the kiddos over for lunch. That is 10 people in my tiny two bedroom apartment. And it was bliss.
I made lunch and let the younger ones take naps and the older ones play with a wooden train set at our feet. They each migrated off to do their own thing. One coloring at the table, another trying to make the train tracks form a full circle and the other playing with other toys nearby. I love them being here. I love my family being so close to me.
My littlest nephew is growing like crazy and starting to fill out. But I love how his eyes follow his mama now and how a little smile is starting to curve on his mouth. Makes me want a little one even more. Not that I didn't already have a problem with that.
Our adoption situations (both of them) are moving pretty slowly at the moment, but I have learned to try to soak up these times. I try to keep myself busy as to not dwell on the fact that I haven't gotten THE call yet. We still are getting calls from our agency, but they are few and far between as things are a little slow right now.
I am still praying everyday for our baby to come. I am looking forward to the day so much where we pack our suitcase and diaper bag with little newborn diapers, pink or blue accessories, hold our new little addition to our family and introduce Baby K to his new sibling.
I know God is working on our little miracle somewhere and I can't wait to see what is in store. For now though, I am counting my blessings that I have these little ones in my life. And that I have Baby K. Still here. He'll be two in 3 months and I cannot believe that we have even started planning a birthday party that I never thought I'd even have the chance to plan.
And just for the record. It's gonna be Elmo theme. Because the kid LOVES his Elmo and his mama loves him.
So I guess that's it for now. Hope you all have a lovely spring filled weekend. And remember to think about what your little blessings are right now!









Comments
You forgot to mention the part where the two nieces were arguing incessantly about the train and how Nonnie had to referee and how a few might have had take a "time out" with Mommy for not obeying... and how... o wait... only the good parts... I get it (: he he!
Love you! Don't forget to send me these pics! Love love love you