Tent Camping 2014


We adventured out as a family of four to attempt tent camping for the first time. I cannot lie. It was a little rough. I really, really, REALLY tried to have fun. Honestly. But by the time the 6 days were over, I was done. Like completely done.

The main problem, I think, was that it was cold and windy. We stayed at a campground on the Oregon Coast and as many of you may know, it's not exactly a hot and sunny, lie around in a swimsuit and tan, type of beach. It's more of a dress in a million layers, make a sand castle until your fingers turn blue and then make your way back to the car, with your hair tangled in a million knots from the 20 MPH winds. Okay, okay maybe I am being slightly dramatic, but it was close to that. Plus, I kind of forgot about the fact that my 10 month old daughter puts EVERYTHING in her mouth and therefore, crawling around the campsite was out of the question.

But with all the cold/windy days and damp/chilly nights, and bugs and rocks Norah swallowed (just kidding), we did get to make some pretty fun memories. We were able to visit the local lighthouse in Newport, my parents surprised us by coming out for the day,  my sister and her family came out for a couple hours to endure the cold beach with us and I got one whole week to spend with my husband, which I was completely grateful for! This post is pretty photo heavy so hope you enjoy!























































Comments

MomToThemAll said…
Great photos!! Camping is a lot of work, especially with a toddler and baby. But, like everything, the older they get, the easier it becomes. It does look like the kids had lots of fun though;)
Patti said…
well, the pictures turned out great ! I hate being cold when camping, I don't blame you :/ but you guys look so CUTE in every picture !! :)
Grammi Faith said…
Thank you for all those terrific pictures. I can relate to cold camping with little ones. But they are all fond memories. It is great your parents got to enjoy your camping time too.
CMSavage6 said…
Beautiful pictures, beautiful family. At least you were able to make the best of it and create some special memories.
Anonymous said…
Wow!!! Looks like you guys had fun :) My mom wants to take us camping we will have to get like 3 tents tho cuz we have a total of 9 in our family.We were all adopted!!!
Amy P. said…
I might could camp 3 nights minimum. After that I'm so ready to go home. It makes it hard with little ones. Then again, so many memories are made as well. Just spending time together as a family.
Anonymous said…
Hi, Naomi! Over the past week or so, I have basically read your blog back to front :) It has been such an encouragement to me! Thank you for sharing your heart, your lives, this amazing journey, and your sweet little ones! It is so sweet to hear of the miracles that have happened in your family. Thank you for writing!
Anonymous said…
Oh! I was going to ask you what the book was you read about breastfeeding your adopted infant?
Naomi said…
Hi Mitalovecoffee!

Hope you have a chance to come back and read this comment! Thanks for your kind words about my writing and I am so glad you were encouraged by my blog!

The book I read was called,

Breastfeeding the Adopted Baby

by Debra Stewart Peterson

I also found some helpful articles online!

Love, Naomi

Popular Posts