The surprise of Baby C
Well, I am laughing a bit at my last post. I think I was talking about potty training and camping? Well, Baby C's surprise arrival made life take a little adventurous turn! I think that is what foster care is all about, though, right?
We were fully loaded up to go on our camping trip about an hour and a half away, complete with the potty chair, lots of chonies (underwear), and extra clothes (I was determined to potty train even during camping)! Our van was completed loaded down from top to bottom with camping supplies, bikes, and coolers full of junk food. As my van turned the corner into the State Park, Jason called and said, "has anyone gotten a hold of you yet?" Immediately I knew that he meant case workers from DHS. I had been waiting on a call for a placement for about 2 months. Jason told me a bit about the situation and I asked him if we could say yes. He said yes ;) Almost immediately another call beeped in and it was DHS. I took the call and the case worker asked if I could take a 3 day old baby boy. I said yes right away. I dropped Koa and Norah off at the campground with my mom (it was a church camping trip) and turned back around to head to the hospital! It was an exciting drive and luckily Jason was working at the hospital so he got to take a peek at Baby C when we left!
He has since been in our home for 9 days and he is such a doll! He sleeps a ton and cries basically only when he is hungry, plus he is just darling!
Only God knows how long he will be with us, but that is sort of my point of this post. We often have our own plans in life (i.e. Potty training, camping, etc.) but God has His own plans. He knew Baby C was coming into our home that day and He knows his future. I am so grateful I can put my trust in Him, in this crazy adventure called Foster Care.
So for now, potty training is on hold, the camping trip was shortened a bit, and we have another family member for awhile, but I am so grateful and blessed! Norah and Koa love Baby C and kiss on him all day long. Koa tells me that he wishes he could stay forever. We pray for him every night and know that God will take care of him no matter what.
You just never know what tomorrow holds with the adventure we are on ;)
We were fully loaded up to go on our camping trip about an hour and a half away, complete with the potty chair, lots of chonies (underwear), and extra clothes (I was determined to potty train even during camping)! Our van was completed loaded down from top to bottom with camping supplies, bikes, and coolers full of junk food. As my van turned the corner into the State Park, Jason called and said, "has anyone gotten a hold of you yet?" Immediately I knew that he meant case workers from DHS. I had been waiting on a call for a placement for about 2 months. Jason told me a bit about the situation and I asked him if we could say yes. He said yes ;) Almost immediately another call beeped in and it was DHS. I took the call and the case worker asked if I could take a 3 day old baby boy. I said yes right away. I dropped Koa and Norah off at the campground with my mom (it was a church camping trip) and turned back around to head to the hospital! It was an exciting drive and luckily Jason was working at the hospital so he got to take a peek at Baby C when we left!
| Taking the elevator up to the nursery. I was so nervous, my hands were shaking! |
He has since been in our home for 9 days and he is such a doll! He sleeps a ton and cries basically only when he is hungry, plus he is just darling!
| Finally putting my Solly Baby Wrap to good use ;) |
Only God knows how long he will be with us, but that is sort of my point of this post. We often have our own plans in life (i.e. Potty training, camping, etc.) but God has His own plans. He knew Baby C was coming into our home that day and He knows his future. I am so grateful I can put my trust in Him, in this crazy adventure called Foster Care.
So for now, potty training is on hold, the camping trip was shortened a bit, and we have another family member for awhile, but I am so grateful and blessed! Norah and Koa love Baby C and kiss on him all day long. Koa tells me that he wishes he could stay forever. We pray for him every night and know that God will take care of him no matter what.
You just never know what tomorrow holds with the adventure we are on ;)
Comments
Our family is so blessed that you and Jason are open to fostering. We are blessed with Jada, Grace, Koa, and Norah. I feel blessed living with Hope and having the opportunity to help with the babies that come through our home.