Trip to Paisley and random news

I finally uploaded some pictures off my camera and realized that I completely forgot to blog about our road trip to Paisley, Oregon. Don't worry, I had never heard of it either! It's basically a town out in the middle of nowhere but it also happens to be the town where Koa's biological siblings live. We headed down (and over?) to the small town a few weeks ago. Koa's aunt runs a dormitory there for foreign exchange students and since all the students were home for summer break, we moved in for a few days. We hung out together, had a little sing along with the help of Koa's brothers guitar, swam in the river, and rode horses. 


 It was the sweetest time and it ended with us all together attending this tiny, old fashioned, white church across the street. Koa rang the large bell in the steeple to announce that church was beginning. At the very end we were all singing "Here I am to Worship" and I felt a little nudge in my spirit to look around me. Here we were, Jason and I sitting next to Koa's aunt. Baby C was in the front pack, and Norah was in Koa's aunts arms. Koa and all his three siblings were sitting in the pew in front of us and I just felt God say, "I did this for you." I teared up and felt a slight trickle down my cheeks as i realized, this doesn't often happen in adoption. Here we were 5 hours away from home, all together with Koa's siblings and aunt and us and his other siblings (through adoption and foster care),  Norah and Baby C. This wasn't an everyday experience and it took an effort and work to make this open adoption possible, but it also took more than that. It took a God who cares so much for Koa and us,  being involved and bringing our families together through adoption over 4 years ago. Although, I am still praying that Koa's birth mom will be more involved with our family,  I am so grateful that Koa has this relationship with his siblings and aunt.


 And now to the random news:

1) Baby C is doing really great. He is probably in the 8 or 9 pound range and he will be 1 months in a just a few short days! He a really good and sweet baby, although he does keep me up at night...I have been waking up exhausted lately, but he is worth it!

2)  This little (big man) is growing up too fast! Since he turned 4, he has developed some pretty funny humor and his latest joke that he came up all on his own is this: Why did the the little piggy take his shirt off at home? Because he wasn't in public.
 3) This girl, copies everything that her big brother does! She is always trying to make up her own jokes, or when Koa is spelling out a word, she always jumps right in with her own letters! She has such a vibrant personality and makes a laugh tons daily. Her birth mom is due with a baby girl in a few days and we are hoping to be able to meet her in the future.

4) Kenzie (Jasons sister), Jason and I debuted in our new band last week downtown. We had a really awesome outreach for our church and saw lots of visitors hear the gospel and even a new family come out to church the next day!



5) I think it was about 2 weeks ago that my sister in law found out she is having a girl and then last Monday my MIL found out that baby #12 is a girl as well! Now we are just waiting on my sister's 20 week U/S in a few weeks.

6) Our garden is flourishing and this is the latest yumminess that has been produced! I think I might learn how to make salsa...

 6) The Solly Baby wrap has been a huge blessing in my day to day! Having 3 children so young has been a bit of a change, but we are getting a routine established and Norah is learning to share my lap. (She especially doesn't mind is she can suck on her finger while simultaneously holding onto the Solly Baby wrap "taggy").
 7) I am still selling baby shoes on my etsy shop and have recently sold some to a local shop downtown! I am very excited about getting my items into shops!
 Well, that was a huge mishmash of random things to talk about, hopefully it had a semi flow to it. Norah is snoring soundly next to me and I am off to make lunch for the rest of the family before Jason heads to work! I'll be back soon with some of my ideas for Norah's 2nd Camping Birthday Party!

Comments

Ashley said…
I am so glad that you are still blogging since you aren't using IG anymore! I miss seeing pics of you all and all of your little updates :) I am blogging again! I don't know if you follow/still follow either of my blogs, but just thought I would let you know just in case :) My blog for Laura and Kami is somethingbeautiful1025.blogspot.com and I have a blog for David and I which is lovedavidandashley.blogspot.com
Danielle said…
made me tear up... the little church & all that... God is so good!! and I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your babies!!! SOOOOO much!
Danielle said…
made me tear up... the little church & all that... God is so good!! and I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your babies!!! SOOOOO much!
Jo's Corner said…
I love watching your family growing together! Beautiful Babes, all over the place. Naomi, would you take a special order for your baby shoes? I need some teeny minus 0 (think Preemie size). The foot length is just at 3" long. You can let me know. SO excited to hear about the new Baby Girls! Blessings, Jo
Grammi Faith said…
Oh I especially love that last picture with sweet Norah's laughing. What did you all finally name your band?
Kelly Marin said…
Naomi! I love it all!!!! And what a sweet baby, I can't believe how much bigger Koa and Nora look and it's only been a few months! If u want a great salsa recipe let me know ! Is Nora's birth mom keeping this baby? I love reading about how your family is doing!!! We are getting closer to Brazil , hopefully leaving here in a month and a half. I might start up a blog to chart our adventures too.
Love u guys!





Unknown said…
Thank you for sharing. ☺️ Love seeing updates from your family. I've been following Patt's blog for over a year now. ☺️ I saw you and Jason at Prescott Conference, I didn't get a chance to say hello. Maybe next time. ☺️ my husband and I are pioneering in South Dakota. Hope we can meet someday. Have a great day!

Popular Posts