Journey to our Snowflake Baby! EXCITING NEWS!



Most of my readers are probably popping over from our recent announcement on Instagram or maybe you are even coming over from the link on our Christmas card! Read below to hear more about our exciting journey!


Jason and I are adopting a "snowflake baby"! What is a snowflake baby you might ask? When couples use in-vitro fertilization to achieve pregnancy, they will often have embryos remaining after they complete their family. One of the options available to them is to donate those embryos to a fertility clinic to be frozen for adoption. Jason and I are adopting an embryo through one of these fertility clinics (California Conceptions) for me to carry as a pregnancy!

"Just as each snowflake is frozen, unique and a gift from heaven, so are each of the Snowflake Babies."



As probably most of my readers know, I was diagnosed with a rare reproductive condition 11 years ago. At age 17 I was told I would never be able to conceive due to premature ovarian failure and underdeveloped uterus. A lot has happened since we received that difficult news. Jason and I married and grew our family through foster care and adoption, yet my heart still longed to be able to carry a baby.

I recently traveled to a fertility clinic in California and they confirmed through an ultrasound that my once underdeveloped uterus is now viable (through a miracle and 10 years of hormone therapy) and can carry a baby! This clinic came highly recommended by friends and they include three transfers (tries at getting pregnant) in their flat rate. Although this process costs much less than traditional IVF and even a little cheaper than most adoption agency fees, the medical costs do add up. We are humbly asking for help by launching a tee shirt fundraiser through Fund the Nations. The link to purchase will be available soon!



With lots of savings and this fundraiser we should be able to do the Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) by this summer!

Purchasing a shirt from our fundraiser will greatly help fund our journey as we move through this process. Jason and I are so excited for this chance fulfill our dream of carrying a baby experiencing pregnancy and birth. We strongly feel that God has been moving our family in this direction.

We hope that you will share in our excitement and joy of this Snowflake Adoption and consider purchasing a t-shirt (when they become available) but more importantly PRAY for us through this journey. We know this baby will be WORTH THE WAIT!

Much love,

Jason, Naomi, Koa, and Norah

Follow more of our story through Instagram @omi.grace

Comments

katrynka said…
Such wonderful news! I'm very happy for you!
Emma said…
How exciting! I'll be praying. Is it ok to follow your Instagram as it's private? No worries if you'd rather not. Found your blog through A Perfect Lily a few years ago. Every blessing for your new journey.

E x
Unknown said…
Oh my word!! Been following your blog for a while..found you thru a perfect lily. Would you mind accepting my IG request noregrets.for Jesus

No pressure tho! Will be praying and congrats!!!
Patti said…
Can't wait to see you pregnant !
Lori said…
Oh Im so excited!!! Congratulations!!! The kids are all jumping up and down that Koa and Norah are going to be a big brother and sister and that they get a NEW COUSIN!!! WOOHOO!!! So so happy for you both!!
Leah said…
I'm so happy for you! I've known your in-laws since I was a young girl and have always had a soft spot for your story as I've glimpsed bits and pieces via your blog and Patti sharing on IG.

I will be praying all goes well.
-Leah Gonzalez
Unknown said…
So happy for you and your family. Congratulations!
Unknown said…
Oh Naomi, my heart is filled with joy for you and your family! What wonderful and exciting news! I have been praying for you over the last few months to be able to carry a child, God is so faithful and I'm so excited for your family and this new little life! Congratulations! -Melissa
Unknown said…
Oh Naomi, my heart is rejoicing for you and your family! God is so faithful to give His children the desires of our hearts! You have been and will continue to be in my prayers! Congratulations on this new little life and this exciting journey!
CMSavage6 said…
Please, let us know when the t-shirts become available.
Unknown said…
What exciting news. I have been reading your blog, found through a perfect Lily, since you were first fostering Koa. I have been a foster mum in Australia for 20 years & have enjoyed seeing your family grow. I have requested to follow you on instagram, I see your account is private so understand if you would prefer not to allow people you don't know personally but thought I would ask just in case. Praying it all goes well for you
Abbi rice said…
I wanna scream I am so excited for you!!! SO happy for you sister you're gonna be so cute preggo🤗LOVE YOU!!!💞
mom of three said…
Oh Naomi, just when I thought you could not be more beautiful than you are now! You have always had this heavenly glow about you... even without pregnancy! God is so good! I do not need a t-shirt, but I will happily donate to your Snowflake Baby fund. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!! I have been following your blog for years and you have had the patience of Job as you and Jason have grown your family! Wow! God bless you and your gorgeous, precious family! We will be praying for you! Love, Gretchen in Woodburn
Grammi Faith said…
I AM SO EXCITED. Jumping, doing cartwheels (ok that's a fib, but if I could I would), crying and most of all PRAYING. Love you all.
Anonymous said…
Wow.God is so good! Congratulations!!! :) Excited for you and your beautiful family!!

Popular Posts