one step closer: polypectomy surgery

Good evening! I'm relaxing by my twinkling, colorful Christmas tree in a silent living room this evening while my mom takes the kids to The North Pole party that my MIL is putting on tonight! There are a sad 3 presents wrapped under the tree and dozens more piled in my closet upstairs that need to be wrapped, but my mom told me to take it easy tonight so here I am. It's okay, I still have 4 days til Christmas 😬

This morning I had my Polypectomy surgery. It was a pretty simple outpatient procedure but I had to have anesthesia and to be honest once I got past the scariness of the IV, it was like one long, amazing, silent, nap! I was thinking "man every mom should have the chance to go under anesthesia! I haven't slept so deep in years!" But in all seriousness, I couldn't have asked for it to go better! I am literally pain free and besides being a little groggy and weak this afternoon, I feel pretty dang good. 


My initial saline contrast ultrasound in California showed 2 polyps, but when my OBGYN got in there today she removed a whole ring of them! She said there were some on my cervix too but she didn't remove them because it wasn't needed. I guess as a precaution they send them off to the lab to be tested, but usually they are just growths. 

Our next step is to send all our surgery records to our fertility clinic and they will decide whether or not we can participate in the refund program. This means that if all three transfers fail (do not make it past 11 weeks) then we may be eligible to receive a refund. 

After we find out about that, we will see a specific embryo adoption counselor and when we've save up our fees, we can be matched with a donor! This can take anywhere from 1-3 months to be matched. Then we schedule a lining check and a transfer (after of course stabbing myself with medicated needles a bunch of times 😬). 

Anyways, Jason and I are very encouraged! Today was one more hurdle to jump across to bring us closer to our Snowflake Baby:) 



Thank you all for donating, buying t shirts and praying for us!! We love you all and are so grateful! Shirts are still for sale here http://journeytooursnowflakebaby.bigcartel.com or if you wish to donate to our medical costs click the button to the left on the screen! So thankful for you guys!

Xo Naomi 

Comments

Unknown said…
Keeping you & your family in my prayers

Popular Posts