Good News!

So I thought that since this is my adoption blog I should keep my adoption journal up to date with even the most minor of details...

So we have decided to pursue an independent home study through Catholic Charities up in Portland and we have a meeting/interview with them on Tuesday May 31st! (We changed from Holt International because they required you to be matched with a birth mom before beginning a home study). After that interview it should be around 3 months until we have an official home study that is good for 2 years. In the mean time, we will continue to look for our baby..

We recently sent out 100 letters to pastors and pregnancy crisis centers in Oregon looking for our baby and will continue to send out more soon.

We also have decided to pursue an adoption home study through the State of Oregon as one of our options. We want to have as many "irons in the fire" so to speak...

Please keep praying for us! I know our little one will make it home to us soon and I can't wait...

Comments

Patti said…
Missing you from Pennsylvania today!!!
Joyce said…
Sean was adopted through Catholic Charities. :-) You'll have your little baby one day and we can't wait!
Elindsey said…
Yay! My dream was about you getting your baby! We've been praying. :)
Naomi said…
Missing you all too Patti!! Tell everyone I know hi (if i know any of them ha ha)

Linz: I STILL wanna hear about this dream O and YES I am working at Little Ceasars ha ha ha! Sorry you heard it thru the grapevine...

Joyce: Really?? I didn't know that!! What a small world. I have a family at my work that has adopted through them 3 times and all has gone really well, so I thought i'd give it a shot!
Heidi said…
Naomi - this sounds like great progress!!! Close and closer to your baby!! :-)
Lori said…
Sounds exciting - praying!!!

Popular Posts