Home Study Woes
The hard work you go through to adopt can be so frustrating at times... Jason and I stayed late last night at Starbucks (and then The Beanery after that closed) filling out mounds of paperwork for our home study. Literally my hand had a cramp in it after answering 16 pages of questions; and that's not even half of it!
So this morning I receive an email from the agency telling me that I must have already identified the child that I am going to adopt before I begin the home study.
What???
That seems all backwards to me! So I immediately call them and ask, "what if the birth mom that I identify is due in a month? How will we have time to get the home study done?" She tells me that we need to have our lawyer write up guardianship papers ahead of time so we can take the baby home from the hospital and then finish the home study quickly afterwards! Talk about stressful! Then, I think, well how will be be able to apply for grants then? You have to have a home study to apply for grants.
Ahhh... just when you think that you are finally figuring this all out, it all changes.
So next step? Finding a birth mom.
In other news I picked up my darling nieces from preschool today and captured a few snapshots of this beautiful girl on the playground.
*This blog if you haven't noticed has become more of my adoption blog, if you'd like an invitation to my private family blog leave a comment with your email address and I will send you an invite!
So this morning I receive an email from the agency telling me that I must have already identified the child that I am going to adopt before I begin the home study.
What???
That seems all backwards to me! So I immediately call them and ask, "what if the birth mom that I identify is due in a month? How will we have time to get the home study done?" She tells me that we need to have our lawyer write up guardianship papers ahead of time so we can take the baby home from the hospital and then finish the home study quickly afterwards! Talk about stressful! Then, I think, well how will be be able to apply for grants then? You have to have a home study to apply for grants.
Ahhh... just when you think that you are finally figuring this all out, it all changes.
So next step? Finding a birth mom.
In other news I picked up my darling nieces from preschool today and captured a few snapshots of this beautiful girl on the playground.
*This blog if you haven't noticed has become more of my adoption blog, if you'd like an invitation to my private family blog leave a comment with your email address and I will send you an invite!
Comments
I have been following your blog since Patti sent me over and I wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and Jason. I have a passion for kids and I love that you're being so open with your home and your hearts. I'd like an invitation to your family blog, if you're okay with that. ygronau (at) gmail (dot) com.
kellymarin3@gmail.com
heidilynndonahue@gmail.com
samjosharp@gmail.com
Loved the pictures. You and Kenz should go into the photography business.
Yes, sign me up for your private family blog.
Tell Jason I went for an EKG today and literaly BRAGGED about my 2 grandsons who work in a hospital in OR doing EKG's.
Love you lady, Grammi
Thanks, and blessings!!!!
Jo
keri.jo@live.com