Enjoying my Boat Ride
When I found out that I would never carry a child, I knew immediately that adoption would be the route that Jason and I would take.
Little did I know that my sister would be leading the way down that route! Not long after I married Jason, my sister called to tell me that her and her husband were going to be doing foster care. They're first baby was a heartbreak after he went home (and he only stayed for 3 days). But after he went home, two sweet little girls came into our their lives. Almost 2 years ago now, Shyanne and Hollie came to live with Danielle as foster kids.
And now... look what God has done!

On May 23rd we celebrated their adoption as official Barton girls, although they have been Barton girls in our hearts for a long time.
*(From left to right): Hollie, Shyanne and Natalee

It is crazy to think that Danielle would be adopting before us, but also even crazier that I decided to follow in her footsteps as a foster parent. But you know what? It's so worth it because you never know if that baby might stay in your home forever.
I often tease Danielle that she is stealing my thunder by adopting before I do, but truthfully I am grateful that I do not have to go through this process alone.
We have definitely chosen to take the path less traveled. Many people worry that I will be hurt in the end from putting my life on the line for a foster child. But I know that the boat ride to Australia is not as easy as the plane ride. And if you haven't noticed, I have yet to be handed a plane ticket!
Besides I've learned that taking the road less traveled has many fun surprises. (One that I will soon mention more details about).
And I'm beginning to enjoy my boat ride.
Little did I know that my sister would be leading the way down that route! Not long after I married Jason, my sister called to tell me that her and her husband were going to be doing foster care. They're first baby was a heartbreak after he went home (and he only stayed for 3 days). But after he went home, two sweet little girls came into our their lives. Almost 2 years ago now, Shyanne and Hollie came to live with Danielle as foster kids.
And now... look what God has done!
On May 23rd we celebrated their adoption as official Barton girls, although they have been Barton girls in our hearts for a long time.
*(From left to right): Hollie, Shyanne and Natalee
It is crazy to think that Danielle would be adopting before us, but also even crazier that I decided to follow in her footsteps as a foster parent. But you know what? It's so worth it because you never know if that baby might stay in your home forever.
I often tease Danielle that she is stealing my thunder by adopting before I do, but truthfully I am grateful that I do not have to go through this process alone.
We have definitely chosen to take the path less traveled. Many people worry that I will be hurt in the end from putting my life on the line for a foster child. But I know that the boat ride to Australia is not as easy as the plane ride. And if you haven't noticed, I have yet to be handed a plane ticket!
Besides I've learned that taking the road less traveled has many fun surprises. (One that I will soon mention more details about).
And I'm beginning to enjoy my boat ride.
Comments
www.zerkles.blogspot.com