From the Pages of my Diary

We didn't get the baby.

To say that I am disappointed would be an understatement. I cried over a baby that I had never even met, but one that I had bought diapers and a soft yellow blankie for. One that I had bought a car seat for and set up a cradle for. The social worker called me on Monday and said she thought there was a pretty big chance that the judge was not going to grant the state custody of the baby. And the judge didn't. I had the car seat installed and ready to go. The diaper bag packed to the fullest and in the car...

I waited for the hearing to be over until 5:30 on Tuesday and then the case worker called to tell me that the mom was taking the baby home. I felt so let down. So... I just keep praying and doing my best to trust God even in this sad time...

It's really weird but every time I lose a chance to get a baby It's almost like having a miscarriage. I know i've never had one before but sometimes i feel like comparing it to that. It's like I know a baby exists and is on the horizon of coming to me. I get excited and buy a few things, tell everyone I know, and start planning for the future and then just like that the baby is gone.

It's like a mean trick. It's like the baby is just out of my reach. My point is that it still hurts even though I never held the baby or met her. I still cry. I still hold my breath so the tears don't accidentally spill when someone asks if I am okay.

When I came home Tuesday night and cried to see the empty cradle beside my bed, I wondered how the birth mom would feel if she went home with empty arms after carrying that baby for 9 months, birthing her and then having her taken away. It may have been too much for her.

At least I have Jesus. She probably doesn't. I am able to go on and she might have not been able to.

And I just want everyone to know that the car seat is still buckled tightly in the back of my car. I am keeping it there as a sign of my faith that a baby is coming soon.

Comments

abprincess2330 said…
I have been follwoing your blog and I know hoew you feel after this post even though I do not know you. Please know that I have said prayers for you. Please look at my blog too.
nicole said…
Praying for your miracle to arrive soon!
E said…
I understand this pain and I am thinking of you.
Sara said…
I had a miscarriage back in September. It was by far the most devastating thing I've experienced (and I've had my share of bad things in life). My point is, I believe you're accurate in comparing your loss to that of a miscarriage. And for that I'm so sorry. I pray for God to bless my husband and me with a baby daily--I'll add you & Jason to that prayer.
Heidi said…
i love that you are keeping that car seat in your car as a statement of your faith! We will be praying for you & Jason :)
Brynna Farley said…
I am so sorry Noami... You are going to be a great mother someday!
aly win said…
All i can say to this is ... you are awesome. You have strength like nobodys buizness. Nome, your courage to keep hitting this thing over and over (by hitting i mean being willing and fully throwing yourself into the chance that these situations have) is truly incredible! Keep doing it .. and the state and God and everyone else is going to know and eventually it is going to pay off in a baby sent from the stars ! keep sharing, it keeps me grounded in the good things that I have in my life rather then being jealous of every chick with a baby bump.
Danielle said…
I rememeber Kris Altringer telling me after my miscarriage (although it might sound hollow now, just remember it!) that if they hadn't lost that specific baby they wouldn't have Alec. Now looking back I KNOW that if I hadn't miscarried when I did, then the EGG that turned into my Natalee one month later, would never have been. And how could I imagine life w/o my Natls? Does that make sense. Just that one day, when all this is over, you WILL look back and say "if that door hadn't closed, then I never would have got this baby" because of whatever circumstances. And then we will all see God's perfect plan through all this pain.

I love you baby
Yvonne said…
I'm so sorry to hear that:( I can imagine how heartbroken you must feel. Praying that you get your baby soon.
Lori said…
Thinking of you, praying for you.... excited for you!!! Love you Naomi!!
TheFoleyFive said…
oh naomi...this made my heart like ache..and it made me cry...I want you to get your baby,and you will get your little one...there are no consoling words I could offer that will have weight so I won't try to act like I have sage advice..but know my heart aches with hope for you.
Monica said…
Hey I'm going to say some prayers for you tonight ok? :) I really hope you get your baby soon! They're such a blessing!!
Oh my precious Naomi. I know I don't know you and we have only just "met." But as tears pour down my face...that are quite shocking me as I am reliving this exact pain you are experiencing...I can't help but feel this so keenly with you. That immense hope and faith mingled with pain and loss. Your transparency is so amazing and inspiring. This is all part of God's testimony. I am picturing you looking in your rear view mirror watching little feet kicking with a baby nestled in that car seat...when this all will make sense. The pain, the timing. And your faith will be rewarded. I don't know how but God will BLESS you for believing Him like Abraham who against all hope, IN HOPE, BELIEVED...and it was credited to him as righteousness. Precious friend...I am believing right with you and praying. ♥
Hugs,
Jessica
Heidi said…
Naomi, You have SO much love bubbling up for your baby. When you finally meet your baby face-to-face your love will pour over. There is a baby waiting for your love, needing your love, and you are just one day closer to meeting your baby. Keep the faith. Keep that love growing. The good Lord is preparing GREAT things for you. Praying & believing along side you!!! - Heidi
Patti said…
It's crazy that I am sitting here reading this crying, when I am actually "living" this story with you. Just knowing that right around the corner from this post and these emotions was your sweet little K bear, waiting for you...God had a plan! It's always so hard to hold onto faith in our moments of crisis, but you always have, and I am so proud of you for that. Love you to pieces.

Popular Posts