As We Speak.
*I got this idea from my blogger friend, Stephanie Howell. She does these every once in awhile and I liked the idea, so here we go!
He:
Is the hardest working man I know. He currently is working full time as an EKG Technician at our hospital while attending school full time. He also is in the process of getting his CNA Certification which means he had to drive 1 hr round trip all last week for skills and then for the next few weeks he works 12 hour "clinical" shifts at the hospital. I have never seen someone juggle work, school and family as well as him. Every time he is home, he takes the time to snuggle Norah, go outside and play catch with Baby K and even take his wife on a date. Sometimes I will get on the computer in the morning and notice that the digital clock reads 4am, which means he has been on the computer working on homework til that time in the morning. He mostly lives on coffee and the prayers from his wife ;)
She:
Is 6 weeks old and getting so big! As of last week she weighed 6 lbs 10 oz, but I am sure she is probably most likely in the 7 pound range now. She is smiling all the time and in general is such a happy baby, but I will say she loves to be held (what baby doesn't??)! She has big beautiful eyes that melt my heart hourly and her smile lights up the room. She was hospitalized two weekends ago for a high fever and dehydration and she scared the bejeebies out of her mommy... we are just so glad that she is okay. Nursing has been hit and miss the last few weeks, but I think we finally have made it over the hump and she is "getting it." This has been an extremely rewarding and exciting thing for me to see.
And, in other news, I love her. Seriously, I say it all the time everyday because I feel so lucky that she is my daughter.
He:
Is the best big brother and is taking this whole "expanding family" stuff really well. He (for the most part) is silly, funny, full of laughter, smiley and lovable. A few times in the day the signs of "terrible twos" come out, but he is quick to get over his grumpiness and quick to hug and be happy once again. He is incredibly smart. I mean really, really smart. This morning he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was in a sour mood. Daddy had scolded him and warned him that he would go back to bed if he continued to whine and tantrum. A few minutes later he was back to his happy, silly self and I said, "Oh are you in a good mood now?" and he said, "Yes!" and I said, "Well you sure were grumpy this morning. He said, "No, daddy is grumpy." I held back my laughter and said, "No, K was grumpy." To which he replied, "Daddy is grumpy too." He is always making us laugh. Jason reminded me the other day what I always used to say. You never can be sad for too long when Baby K is around.
I can't believe he is almost 2 and a half now. Time flies by like crazy. The other night I had a ton of laundry and dishes to do and the house was a wreck but K asked me in a tiny voice as I put him to bed, "mommy lay down wif me?" And I let out a huge sigh, crawled into his creaky toddler bed, the mattress sagging underneith me, and laid in bed with him talking about silly things of the day, the decorations in his room and even about his biological siblings. Before long we had both fallen asleep and Norah slept in her moses basket on the floor nearby. It was probably the best memory I'd had all week.
I:
Have been enjoying life immensely lately (as you might imagine) but I have been missing my husband a ton and treasure every moment he's home. By the end of the day I am exhausted, but am really taking the time to enjoy certain moments more carefully (if that makes sense). I managed to actually start and finish a book called Another Place at the Table, and it only took me three weeks (I do miss the days of being able to finish a whole book in a day)! I have started a routine where I pray for my friends and family and specific needs every morning while I wash the dishes by hand, since we don't have a dishwasher. It has actually been enjoyable to do the dishes! During the day, I love to turn on the Pandora station of Praise and Worship and it really helps me to be in a better mood have less worry and stress.
While I am occasionally overwhelmed I am mostly just feeling blessed and overwhelmed to be his wife and their mommy.
He:
Is the hardest working man I know. He currently is working full time as an EKG Technician at our hospital while attending school full time. He also is in the process of getting his CNA Certification which means he had to drive 1 hr round trip all last week for skills and then for the next few weeks he works 12 hour "clinical" shifts at the hospital. I have never seen someone juggle work, school and family as well as him. Every time he is home, he takes the time to snuggle Norah, go outside and play catch with Baby K and even take his wife on a date. Sometimes I will get on the computer in the morning and notice that the digital clock reads 4am, which means he has been on the computer working on homework til that time in the morning. He mostly lives on coffee and the prayers from his wife ;)
She:
Is 6 weeks old and getting so big! As of last week she weighed 6 lbs 10 oz, but I am sure she is probably most likely in the 7 pound range now. She is smiling all the time and in general is such a happy baby, but I will say she loves to be held (what baby doesn't??)! She has big beautiful eyes that melt my heart hourly and her smile lights up the room. She was hospitalized two weekends ago for a high fever and dehydration and she scared the bejeebies out of her mommy... we are just so glad that she is okay. Nursing has been hit and miss the last few weeks, but I think we finally have made it over the hump and she is "getting it." This has been an extremely rewarding and exciting thing for me to see.
And, in other news, I love her. Seriously, I say it all the time everyday because I feel so lucky that she is my daughter.
He:
Is the best big brother and is taking this whole "expanding family" stuff really well. He (for the most part) is silly, funny, full of laughter, smiley and lovable. A few times in the day the signs of "terrible twos" come out, but he is quick to get over his grumpiness and quick to hug and be happy once again. He is incredibly smart. I mean really, really smart. This morning he woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was in a sour mood. Daddy had scolded him and warned him that he would go back to bed if he continued to whine and tantrum. A few minutes later he was back to his happy, silly self and I said, "Oh are you in a good mood now?" and he said, "Yes!" and I said, "Well you sure were grumpy this morning. He said, "No, daddy is grumpy." I held back my laughter and said, "No, K was grumpy." To which he replied, "Daddy is grumpy too." He is always making us laugh. Jason reminded me the other day what I always used to say. You never can be sad for too long when Baby K is around.
I can't believe he is almost 2 and a half now. Time flies by like crazy. The other night I had a ton of laundry and dishes to do and the house was a wreck but K asked me in a tiny voice as I put him to bed, "mommy lay down wif me?" And I let out a huge sigh, crawled into his creaky toddler bed, the mattress sagging underneith me, and laid in bed with him talking about silly things of the day, the decorations in his room and even about his biological siblings. Before long we had both fallen asleep and Norah slept in her moses basket on the floor nearby. It was probably the best memory I'd had all week.
I:
Have been enjoying life immensely lately (as you might imagine) but I have been missing my husband a ton and treasure every moment he's home. By the end of the day I am exhausted, but am really taking the time to enjoy certain moments more carefully (if that makes sense). I managed to actually start and finish a book called Another Place at the Table, and it only took me three weeks (I do miss the days of being able to finish a whole book in a day)! I have started a routine where I pray for my friends and family and specific needs every morning while I wash the dishes by hand, since we don't have a dishwasher. It has actually been enjoyable to do the dishes! During the day, I love to turn on the Pandora station of Praise and Worship and it really helps me to be in a better mood have less worry and stress.
While I am occasionally overwhelmed I am mostly just feeling blessed and overwhelmed to be his wife and their mommy.







Comments
Blessings abound
xoxo
Tanya