4 months.


I am a super happy momma as I type this post, since I ordered myself a new camera charger and extra batteries! I took my freshly charged camera and took some photos of my girl yesterday. 

These past months have flown by and just two days into 2014, my little Norah Jane is 4 months old.
2 days before she turned 4 months, while we were at the beach house, my little girl rolled over from front to back and then just one day later rolled back to front! I am so proud of her. She is growing. At her last weigh in (which was a few weeks ago) she weighed 10 lbs 1 oz. I am sure she probably is in the 11 pound range now. She still fits into 0-3 month clothing, but 3-6 months are starting to fit too.


About a week and a half ago she went on a nursing strike and wouldn't latch on no matter how hard I tried. In the busyness of the holidays, I had given her lots of bottles and she began to get used to them. I was pretty emotional thinking that she may not nurse again and so I decided that for the next 24 hours I was only going to try to nurse and see if she would get he hang of it again. She did after 2 tries and so I decided to make the switch to full time nursing. No bottles. Since then, we have been doing ONLY nursing for about a week and a half straight and she is doing great! I have a goal to nurse her til she is at least one. Hopefully it'll work out!


Norah is an incredibly happy baby. She really is only fussy if she is really hungry. But even then, after sleeping through the whole night, she wakes up in a totally happy mood. Just cooing and talking to herself. She loves to be sat up and I am thinking about purchasing her a Bumbo. I swear her eyes are growing bigger by the day and they are a beautiful brown color, just like her birth mommy and just like me. Her eyelashes are getting fuller and longer too!

Her hair has grown in dark and long right in the center of her head, making her look like she has a little baby mohawk.
 

She LOVES to suck her fingers. All of them, but in particular she loves her pointer finger. She often spits out her binky to suck her finger as she falls asleep. I love that she loves her fingers. It is so sweet. For the most part she goes to sleep fairly easy, but sometimes if she is overtired, she likes to be swaddled and rocked to sleep.

I can't believe she still fits in her Moses Basket and that is usually where she naps and sleeps at night.

I am thanking God everyday for this precious miracle. She reminds me of His grace and faithfulness daily. I am such a blessed mother.

Happy 4 months, dear darling Norah Jane Michaela. Mommy is so happy you are here with us.

Comments

Q said…
She is so beautiful! I can't believe how big she is getting! I saw that you are thinking about a bumbo, we got a really good deal on craigslist so I would recommend checking there :)
Priscilla said…
So happy for you. Norah is a beauty & what a smile!
Bethany Eicher said…
She is so very sweet!!! Love the pictures!
Grammi Faith said…
Our whole family is blessed with these two sweet, adorable
additions. xoxoxoxox
Danielle said…
Picture #3 is my fave!! Xoxo Norah I love you!
JC said…
Beautiful pictures! Such a sweet little girl. Happy 4 months Norah :)
Brynna Farley said…
Such a beautiful baby girl you have!
Patti said…
I can't read your posts lately without crying. Still in awe that she is here :)
Megan said…
She is an absolute doll! xoxo
Lori said…
She is getting so big…so is Koa…hugs and kisses to both of them from the East Coast :)

Popular Posts