Around the little blue house...
We have lived in our little house for almost 1 year now and I am still in love with it. Every once in awhile I will get frustrated with the fact that we have little yard space, or think that it's too cramped when every single last one of Koa and Norah's toys are strewn about the floor and I trip on his dump truck and go flailing to the floor, but at the end of the day, when the babies are tucked in their beds fast asleep and the house is tidied with just a lamp on for the perfect ambiance, I smile and sigh and think, "I love my little blue house!"
When we first moved in someone told me they wanted to come visit me and "make memories in the little blue house!" It just sort of stuck and I always think of my home as the little blue house. Someday in the future when we have more kids, I know we will have to find something bigger, but I am going to deeply miss the old hardwood floors, the steep staircase going up to our bedroom, the succulents growing out front, and the arched doorways. I will miss all the character this house has to offer. In fact even now I am praying our future house will have just as many vintage vibes to offer me as this one! And a little more space will be nice ;)
Meanwhile, enjoy some of these photos from {around the little blue house.}
![]() |
| Garbanzo beans, avocado, quinoa, cucumber and tomato salad with lime and salt. {skinnytaste.com} |
![]() |
| What everyone else in the family ate, since they balked at the idea of the ABOVE recipe |
![]() |
| Fathers Day breakfast of champions |
![]() |
| Re purposed medicine cabinet into jewelry holder/memory display case |
![]() |
| Yes, those are shower curtain hooks! Perfect for hanging jewelry! |
Little blue house, you will have to live with our laughter, our noisiness, our crying, our shushing to sleep, our tickling, our dancing, our music, our toddler radio, our playing, our footsteps across your floor a little longer. Yes, we have at the very least another year of making memories in the little blue house.
And I say that with a smile on my face.













Comments
I enlarged--or biggified?--the picture of your husband's Father's Day card. Did Koa write his own name?! How old is he?! That is impressive!! ;)
Love you later, Raelyn