Summer Bucket List: Strawberry Patch





Summer is right around the corner and the weather has been beautiful the past few weeks! We are taking full advantage of the parks everyday, Farmers Market on the weekend, we have our first camping trip planned and a possible road trip! We don't want to let the summer of 2014 slip away from us! I haven't blogged in more than two months and a lot has happened! 

On May 28th, Jason found out that he was accepted into the nursing program at LBCC! He was so excited! The look on his face when he read the acceptance email was priceless and he absolutely deserves it! He worked so hard this past year receiving all A's in his classes and scoring high on his application to the nursing program. I am so proud of him. He starts the nursing program at the end of September so we still will have a fun summer to be able to do things.  He is still working full time at the hospital for now and most likely will continue to work there through nursing school.

Two days later we found out that Norah's adoption was finalized in the courts the previous Tuesday, May 27th. We were so thrilled and relieved so be an official family! She just turned 9 months a few days ago and started crawling just a week into 8 months old! Now she is pulling up on furniture like crazy and last night I even saw her feet just barely moving along the furniture as she tried to walk. With her it literally seems like one day I am saying, "she's not doing such and such yet" and literally the next day she is! 

Last weekend we went and looked at a minivan. We had been wanting to buy one for awhile to have more space in case I needed to nanny another child while Jason is in nursing school. It was really nice and a very good price so we are officially a minivan family. I am so grateful for all the blessings that have been put on our family in the past few years. God is so good!

Koa is getting so big and seems to be turning into a little kid with an adult vocabulary overnight! He will be turning 3 in just 5 weeks!


One thing we were able to check off our Summer Bucket List yesterday was visiting the Strawberry Patch! We headed out to Peoria Farms with the whole family, I strapped Norah on my back in the Ergo (where she promptly took her morning nap), grabbed a huge box for our berries and went to work! Koa totally got it this year. We explained to him what ripe berries looked like and he was thrilled to no end to help us fill the box! He literally would wander off like 4-5 rows away, pick one strawberry and then run back to us showing it off before dropping it in the box!

When we first got there I was taking pictures of everyone's berries they were picking and a little later, after I had put my camera down, Koa came to me holding this berry and saying excitedly, "look at this one mom!!" I told him how nice it was, but it was clearly not the reaction he was looking for since he told me, "probably need to take a picture of it!" I died! This kid is too cute and keeps Jason and us laughing so much.

 


Norah's sparkly Toms just peeking out of the Ergo, but that girl was snoring away on my back!
 

When we were finishing up picking berries, I told Koa, "lets play a game! How bout you pick the berries and I eat them!" He paused for a moment and then replied, "prob'ly I pick em and I eat em." Smart kid.

We had a blast and it made me feel like we were officially kicking off the summer! 

And.... just because I LOVE planning birthday parties and I LOVE Pinterest, here are a few ideas that we have for Koa and Brock's 3rd birthday! Their first party was Construction, their 2nd was Elmo and now 4th of July is the theme.  Enjoy!

If we were having a 4th of july party this would be amazing! :)
4th of July Food#food http://media-cache3.pinterest.com/upload/21603273182143578_2m9G6b81_f.jpg ohanaphoto num num nums
Red, White and Blue Pretzel Sticks5 Last Minute 4th of July Food IdeasThis cake looks so pretty inside, but I'll be the first to admit - I'd probably NEVER make it. I would, however, decorate the outside like this.Patriotic Beanbag Toss--4th of July upcycled cans fun!
Happy ALMOST weekend!

Comments

Grammi Faith said…
It is officially summer in AZ with 110 degree weather. I am jealous of those strawberries. Wish I could be there for the birthday party!!!!
cathy said…
Bless your beautiful family

xoxo
cathy
Amy said…
Congrats on it being official! Wow I can't believe she is 9 months old already! My preemies are the same way, especially Blake. As soon as I start to worry about something he starts doing it shortly after lol. I think Koa's party is going to be amazing! Looks like you guys are having a wonderful summer already, so happy for you!
Mary Lou said…
Naomi....
"Jason found out that he was accepted into the nursing program at LBCC!" Thanks be to God!! ;-D
Norah's adoption was finalized?! Thanks be to God!! ;-D
Congrats on purchasing your minivan!! ;)
Oh, I love, love, love red white and blue!! Independence Day is one of my very favorite holidays!! ;-D
Love you later, Raelyn




Popular Posts