Wednesday morning with the Rices

Wednesday morning is like our Saturday morning around here. At least usually. It's my one weekday off from nannying and Jason almost always has it off work (he is usually scheduled a Saturday or Sunday instead). Wednesdays are slow. I rarely get out of my jammies before noon, the house work is minimal, and by the time it's 10am, Koa has had every last one of his (35) library books read to him by Jas. We usually spend the first 45 minutes in bed all together snuggled under the white puffy down comforter, catching Norah's ankles just in the nick of time before she dives off the bed. Koa steals Jason's phone and snaps 100 pictures of random blurry objects, while Jas and I slowly wake up. There is nowhere to be, no rush and I am in love with Wednesdays.

The only thing that eventually pulls us out of bed is the coffee. The Keurig is waiting downstairs and so eventually we stumble down steep wooden stairs, rub our sleepy eyes, pull out our favorite coffee mugs and start the coffee.
 Koa is addicted to milk, just like we are addicted to our coffee. No milk in the morning equals a grumpy (almost) 3 year old. Breakfast is served, but all in our pajamas and if the BatCave and Batman figurines are calling Koa to play, before he eats, so be it. We are taking it slow. 

 Norah crawls all about, she is the only one who is NOT in her jammies because little miss leaks through her sleeper almost every night (one of the cons to our late morning).
 Then after daddy has got at least a few drinks of his coffee, the library book marathon begins. I have a feeling Koa will be reading chapter books by Kindergarten as much as this boy loves to read.
 Norah, meanwhile will have eaten all the books by the time Koa is in Kindergarten. Sissy is teething like crazy. I literally think all four of her top teeth are going to pop through at once. But she still is so happy. Her personality makes me grin daily.
 Today's reading consisted of Builder Goose, Go Gorillas, The Fire Fighters and Tyrannosaurus Dad. I'm pretty sure Jason read each one at least 5 times. ;)

 Then around 10:30am, Norah starts crawling around aimlessly, fussing, and finally plops her head on my stomach to snuggle and I know morning nap time is here. Time for me to do a few dishes, put away a few toys, and if I'm feeling extra motivated, make the bed.
 Every other weekday (and usually weekends as well) are usually crazy busy, with no slow down until late afternoon, and then the craziness starts up again with making dinner, baths, errands, housework, laundry, bedtime routines etc. Until finally my husband walks in the door around 10:30pm and we collapse in bed. So Wednesdays have become my sort of holiday, weekend so to speak and I am in love with them. They also, usually go by to fast. But I am glad that this day is forever documented in pictures to look back on in the future...

Because I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to look back on this happiness?!

Comments

katrynka said…
Sounds like a nice day!
Danielle said…
Getting to be a good photographer sis!
Lindsey Corbin said…
Have you tried Pampers Baby Dry? They are the only diaper we don't leak out of! I totally feel your pain, and love that you have lazy mornings, we value those around our house as well :)

Popular Posts