Dear Grandma,

I didn't make it in time to say goodbye.

You left this earth as the sun was rising on Christmas day.. We were leaving to come see you the next day. Maybe you were watching from heaven when i got the call that you were gone; if you were then you already know that i bawled my eyes out and said it wasn't fair. Wasn't fair that my own momma was a couple hours too late of saying goodbye too.


But you made it home for Christmas. My friend Allison told me that she thinks heaven is just a little more special on Christmas... maybe there are lights strung across the pearly gates or Christmas trees  shining through the mansion windows. But best of all i know you were reunited with your mom yesterday.

Thank you for being a wonderful grandma and for loving my foster kids like they were your own great grand kids. I wish baby K could grow up knowing you and that you could read him stories on your lap just like you did me.

I miss you grandma... give Baba a hug for me in heaven. We'll see you soon.

Love,
your very proud granddaughter

Comments

Lori said…
Oh Naomi...I am so sorry. I love the Allison's thought about Christmas in heaven....I think there is a huge birthday celebration as well...Imagine going home on Jesus' birthday...how Awesome!! Love you!
Kenzie Rice said…
im so sorry about ur gma nom:( im praying for u!!
abprincess2330 said…
Praying for you and family
cathy said…
so, so sorry

xoxo
cathy
Mrs. K said…
I tend to agree with Lori, entering into heaven's birthday party for Jesus would be awesome!! Be comforted in know your Grandma is no longer in pain but is smiling down on all of you. Love ya, Grammi
Unknown said…
oh boy! so sorry honey xxx

Popular Posts