True confessions of the non-noble buyers


Okay before I start this post I just have one question. Why on earth is it that when you are at the Christmas tree lot you pick out the most perfect tree, but by the time you get home and get it up on the stand you are blaming each other for picking the ugliest tree on the lot?? It happens every year.

Well anyways, our tree is not horrible and we are making it work, but we cannot justify buying a noble for 3 weeks and therefore we are always stuck with a douglas. Those trees do not even hold ornaments! They all fall off when you hang anything heavier than a dollar tree snowflake on it. We made it up the the front of the line with a grand and then they were gonna charge us 25 bucks and we went and put the tree back. Geez! We are super cheap people! Anyways, we had to shop for our tree at the very back of the lot.


This was Baby K's first tree and first Christmas so we couldn't be Scrooge and throw the Christmas tree out the patio door in a rage. So it is still standing in our living room and I think it's growing on me over time.


We always buy our tree from the boy scouts every year.


We have a tradition of getting our tree on top of our car and then snapping a photo... This tradition has worked great for the past 3 years... unfortunately... (scroll down)
Our first tree

Our Second Tree
Our third tree
... the guy who took this one was not practicing his photo skills in boy scouts. What do they teach those kids anyway?? You can't even see our tree. The worst part was I was like, "O does the picutre look good?" and the guy was like, "O yeah it looks great." Thanks. He may be able to start a fire without any matches, but can't even see that this picture CANNOT BE SEEN??
Our fourth tree
O well. There is always next year! Merry Christmas!

O and hope there is no offense taken to those who love boy scouts. We have a tree because of them.

Comments

Tammie said…
What a bummer, it is awful when you realize the photo is bad and you can not do a retake..
Sara said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said…
http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/yy353/saramarlar/?action=view&current=naomi.jpg

I did a little editing. Not sure if that link will work or not. And the picture still isn't great, but you can at least see the tree now. If you want an emailed format (or just can't see this one--ha) email me at saradawn12@gmail.com and I'll send it to you. =)
Allison said…
This story is even funnier in person! :) I'm sure you're tree looks great! Besides, baby K will love it either way and you have a great memory now! (and he is too young to eat the ornaments that fall off!)
Lori said…
Christmas trees are a rip off!!! Every year Uncle Chris and I spend money to get a real one and we shake our heads...ugg!!! But...we have officially decided that we are going into the Christmas Tree business...if and when we ever get out of NJ, Uncle Chris has decided that we are going to buy property and grow Christmas trees and unicorns...ok the unicorns is my idea...but, we will ship you a Noble every year for Christmas!!! :)
Kelly Marin said…
ha ha I am laughing as I am reading this post cause I always wish I could buy a noble too but the $$$ Oh well.... oh yeah I couldn't comment on your other blog for some crazy reason, but throat coat works great the only time it didn't is for a wedding I was supposed to sing at had strep guess it doesn't work for that :) so I'm sure you'll do great! Use Honey too (by itself) it'' smooth your throat out Have fun!
Race Bannon said…
Unicorns will run ya extree...
Mrs. K said…
You are going to sell Unicorns???

I loved your story line for this blog. You had me laughing (and believe me I needed a laugh this morning as I am moaning and groaning about not having enough time with all of you)about your remarks regarding boy scout skills. I think maybe a cloud passed under the sun and that is why the shot is so dark,

Hey, you are building memories and will look back and laugh at yourselves for being so buummed about one pictue.

Kiss that cutie for me. Now you have to guess which one. ;+}
Naomi said…
Grammi,
Missing you lots and you are right, that was not enough time with the relatives! Hope you come back soon!

Race,
We missed you at the wedding, Patti had me believin that you were coming to surprise us all!

Sara,
Thanks for editing! Can you email it to me? brock.naomi@gmail.com
Monique Rice said…
Oh my goodness i love that! So cute.. hope you guys continue to take that pic every year!

Popular Posts