Children's Museum!


I've been wanting to take Baby K to this awesome children's museum in downtown Salem for awhile now and we finally planned a day trip with friends who just moved there! Patton, Ellie and Elindsey, Baby K and I,  headed over to the A.C. Gilbert House this morning after meeting up at their new house.

The museum is made up of various houses with different rooms full of things for the kids to do and explore. There is also a HUGE outdoor area with a massive play structure. The kids could've spent all day there if it weren't for nap time. But we were able to spend 3-4 hours there and take lots of photos. Baby K had a blast as well as Patton. Ellie slept pretty much the whole time and Elindsey and I were able to have a nice time and catch up (and design our kids room through our Pinterest accounts ha ha)! I think their favorite "room" was the outdoor bubble room. They also enjoyed making animal masks and playing outdoors.

I want to go back soon! So, here is our day in pictures. Enjoy!

Patton and Baby K (Patton is only 5 months older than Baby K, but you can tell he is gonna be tall like his parents!!)

Ellie and Elindsey


Baby Ellie: 7 weeks. She did awesome at the museum!

Painting animal masks in the arts and crafts room





Patton loved his mask

Baby K, not so much.


The giant rocking chair on the front porch of the museum


Part of the outdoor play area

Massive xylophones outside. Baby K called them "drums" and he was in heaven


Headed to the train room.



Train table



Outdoor bubble room

Patton rocked at blowing the bubbles, Baby K just wanted to take a bath in the water.......

The moms.....er...I mean, the boys had a blast getting together (wink wink)! We are in the process of potty training Baby K, so my hope for the next trip we take will be that it will be accident free ;) We had 2 accidents today, but we made it through! Baby K is gonna have this down in no time......RIGHT???  

Anyways, I think our next "mom" get together is scheduled for Ikea. Household shopping here we come!

Comments

Elindsey said…
Patton doesn't get the camera flashing from me I swear!! Haha! Amazing pics! We had so much fun! And Mark is totally stoked to let me spend our money at Ikea! ;);)
Monique Rice said…
Did you guys plan the matching shirts?

Tammie said…
Looks like you had a great time, that looks like a great place for spending a day, I love muesums.

Popular Posts