Sharing Baby K's Room


I've been wanting to spice up Baby K's room with a collage above his bookshelves that my dad made him a few months ago. I finally made the time to make it happen a week ago with a quick trip to Michael's craft store. Before I just had one frame with three pictures of our family in it. My thought was to make the wall more colorful and something that I could add to later as I acquired more pictures.

Right now Baby K's favorite book is "Where the Wild Things Are" (along with a few others). When I saw this printable on Pinterest (pictured below, left), I knew that I had to purchase it. Usually you can find TONS of free printables on Pinterest that are completely free, but I couldn't find this specific one so I ended up purchasing the download for 4.95 (totally worth it for me to have this quote that means so much to him). When he saw the finished collage, he immediately recognized it and said "Max book!!"

I found the "You are my Sunshine" printable on Pinterest also.

The clear frames that they are encased in were only 3.99 at Michaels, even cheaper if you want the smaller size. These are 8x10. I love the frames because they make the printables look like canvases!


I found the wooden "K" at Michaels also on clearance for a dollar. I spray painted it with leftover blue paint and hot glued a random orange ribbon to it for hanging it on the wall. The picture in the orange frame was given to him from his older birth sibling for Christmas and I wanted to hang it badly! Baby K loves his older siblings and talks about them often! We see them often also. I spray painted the frame burnt orange with leftover spray paint and then added a vintage clock that Baby K's Nonnie had bought him when he was born.


And in case you wanted to see the whole nursery, here it is! Most everything in his room are awesome garage sale/craigslist finds or from Ikea. All of his bedding was given to me for my surprise Foster Care Baby shower back in 2010.


His toy bin is from Ikea, his crib is a garage sale find, and his canvases hanging above his bed were brand new off Craigslist!


My mom bought him these coat hooks from Real Deals. I love them!



 So there you have it! An adorable collage on a budget. I love how much happier this wall looks! Next thing I want to do is paint the wall behind his crib.... BUT I'm sort of waiting til we get a bigger place. What do you think?

Comments

MamaV said…
Baby K has a very good (and artistic) mommy! It's beautiful!
sara said…
Love it! very cute!
Colbert Family said…
Oh his room is adorable!! LOVE all the color
Elindsey said…
Where did you get the big paper lanterns?
Naomi said…
Elindsey, I got them at Ikea for super cheap! They have so many colors! Its a great way to brighten up a room =)
Elindsey said…
Cool! Ellie and Patton are sharing. My cousin is making them new quilts. I want to do bright colors like this so it'll go for boys and girls.
Leslie said…
What an amazing room! I am inspired!
Mattie said…
His nursery is so cute! Love every little detail!

Popular Posts