Life as of late: enjoying.

I'm finally letting out a sigh of relief from a very busy (but worth it) weekend. Yesterday we had a Puppets in the Park outreach and Carnival in our downtown Central Park. We hosted carnival games, relay races, puppet and magic shows for 4 hours straight. At the end of each magic show the simple gospel message was preached and after the whole day was over 10 people accepted Jesus into their heart. It was a LOT of work though. Hours went into preparing booths, signs, a BBQ, we had two long late night puppet practices with our puppet team, and of course getting everything set up and torn down took all our energy. Tomorrow we get a short rest before we begin our week long revival church services with Evangelist Dennis Wright (it started today and it was SOOOO good). Tomorrow is Labor Day which ironically enough means no work for Jason and I. We are, instead, heading up to IKEA to do a little household shopping, mainly curtains. A fun day for us before the craziness begins... but you know what I love it. I love it when our church gets fired up and is able to do awesome things like this!

But moving on. Life as of late has been steady. It has been helping me not to focus on waiting for "the call" but focus on summer and enjoying Baby K and the little things. Some things I've been enjoying:

1) Farmers Market: it happens every Wednesday and Saturday. I rarely go on Wednesday, but lately Jas and I have been able to buy some fruit there on the weekend!


2) Flowers: These particular ones are from Farmers Market, but for the last few weeks I've been picking up a bouquet while I'm out shopping. Flowers totally lift my spirits and make me wanna clean my house, so that's a perk right??
 

3) Summer sunsets. No filter. None needed.


4) Garage sale finds: Although this chair has a minor rip, it is easily covered by a throw quilt and the best part is it was only $3!!!


5) New recipes: This one is called mozzarella, tortellini, tomato salad.YUM!


6) Fresh fruit: Again from Farmers Market.


7) My open shelving kitchen: I added a few new things from garage sales too! The vintage tray and the vintage tea canister.


8) Waking up to this crazy, silly boy. *BTW the socks on his hands are "puppets." He does the perfect high pitch voice also for his puppet and he wants to be just like mom and dad on the puppet team.


9) Designing new jewelry: I love this new hummingbird, teardrop necklace!


 10) Naptime with this kiddo.


 11) And finally more jewelry designs for my shop Annie's Nest Designs: Visit my shop by clicking on my button in the upper left corner.



What are you enjoying right now??

Comments

Priscilla said…
Saw some very exciting news on Patti's Instagram & popped over to let you know I am praying that this goes smoothly for you! You have a prayer warrior in Maryland! Blessings!!!
Unknown said…
Nice reading your blog Naomi... I deleted my Instagram so it's wonderful to see how you and baby K are progressing:)
Kelly Marin said…
very cute kitchen! and love the new necklaces! The girls and I had a fun time helping out with your fun day! Truthfully I can't say I have something I'm totally enjoying as we just started Homeschooling and we're roughing throu the first days, Pray for the girls and I! I am looking forward this month as I am flying to San Diego and my best friend from Tempe is flying in! And Fall is on its way! WhooHoo

Popular Posts