Welcoming our second miracle baby

 
We've waited almost two years for this day. We never knew when the day would come or when we would receive "the call," but Monday September 2nd around 8:30pm it happened. It has been a whirlwind of the last 24 hours. Since last night we have found out about this precious baby girl being born, scheduled a match meeting with her birth mom, traveled to Portland to have the match meeting, signed papers to adopt this beautiful girl and last but not least meet her and spent time holding and rocking her in the NICU.

We welcome to our family Norah Jane Michaela (pronounced Mi-Kayla) Rice. Her name means Honorable Gift of God. Born September 2, 2013 at 3:14pm and welcomed into the family of Jason and Naomi Rice at 6pm today (Sept. 3rd), she weighed 4 lbs 9 oz and is a smidgen less than 19 inches long. Most importantly, she is ours forever and we are in LOVE.

I have so much to say, but honestly can't wrap my mind around the miracle of it all. I am going to write a birth story in the near future, but for now enjoy these pictures of our beautiful daughter.
























I love you my little Norah, I will love you forever. Our hearts are so full.

Love, Mama

Comments

Priscilla said…
Thrilled for you & what a lovely name. Congratulations!
MomToThemAll said…
Your daughter is beautiful!! Congratulations!!!
Elindsey said…
She is so tiny and absolutely perfect! We love you all, and cannot wait to meet that beautiful little girl!! Congratulations!
Love The Greenes
Elindsey said…
She is so tiny and absolutely perfect! We love you all, and cannot wait to meet that beautiful little girl!! Congratulations!
Love The Greenes
Elle's mommy said…
Phenomenal!!!! :) She's beautiful! Looks just like a doll baby!!! Our God is an amazing miracle worker and story teller! His ways are the BEST ways! So elated for you and your entire family...the wait is over! :) Jesus is incredible!
CMSavage6 said…
Congrats! You all look so happy. Can't wait to see more!
EN said…
Another baby sent from the stars! She's beautiful! What a talented photographer you are! Love the name! Congrats!!!
CONGRATS!!!! So so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see Koa and her together!!
Elizabeth said…
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! I'm just beyond thrilled!
JC said…
So, so happy for you guys. She's beautiful! Can't wait to hear more about her. Congratulations!!!!
Unknown said…
Cogratulations to you new family of four! GOD IS GOOD!!
Liz/ said…
When I saw the title to this post I got tears in my eyes and chills throughout my body....I am SO very happy for your sweet family! What a blessing sweet Norah is and I LOVE her name and she is absolutely Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! SO look forward to reading more about her!
Maria said…
Congratulations! She is beautiful! :)
Patti said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of her smiling in your arms !!! This is the happiest week of my life- I am so ecstatic and so amazed at all God has done. We love you, Norah Jane !!!!! oxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Nana and Papa
Danielle said…
I love you sweet girl! You are a precious gift from heaven!! O my heart is soooo full! Thank you Jesus for this sweet baby!!!

Love,
Your favorite aunt,
Aunt Nell (Danielle)
Gretchen said…
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! So excited for you, Rice family! Welcome to the world, sweet Norah. :-)

(Stranger/friend/follower from Patti)
Cori Winslow said…
Only know you from IG and your blog but this post brought tears to my eyes. Your daughter is beautiful and so incredibly lucky to have you two as parents. Sending prayers your way from Massachusetts.
So happy for your family! And Koa is finally a big brother! I have been reading the blog for a while & praying for Koa to be your forever child & for you guys to get an opportunity adopt and both prayers answered! So amazing!
ch said…
You've been a long time coming, Squirt. Can't wait to follow your adventures. You couldn't have found yourself in a sweeter spot.
sara said…
OMG! She's beautiful! I'm so happy for you and your family! Congratulations
Kerin M. said…
Congratulations! I have followed your story for a little while now and am so thrilled for you and your family! Best of luck!
Keri Jo said…
I can't even find the right words to describe how excited I am for you right now! What a beautiful miracle :)
Unknown said…
7th photo down is what love looks like,Norah clearly loves her mama already!! Congratulations to you and your family,hope Koa likes his baby sister!!


(follower of you and your mother in love's blogs and instagram accounts)
Amanda said…
So happy for you and Jason! I know how long and difficult this process has been for you but the Lord has truly bless! Congrats :)
Amy said…
Congratulations and this is going to sound crazy but I think I know you!! Did you go to Newberg High School? I have been a follower of your mother in law's blog awhile and I just clicked on yours and the curly hair and glasses, and I was like wait a minute...!
Lizzie said…
So happy for you! I don't know you personally but I've been following your blog for a while now. Congratulations on your new blessing!
Tammie said…
Oh Gosh this is just Amazing, I feel a little strange saying that I had tears when reading this! I have been a blog follower or your and your mother in laws and I prayed so hard for Big Brother Koi to be your forever but was very surprised when in the same month you got both your prayers answered. You both have had many sad times and struggles but with these two angels I can only imagine it had to be well worth it. I can not wait for the whole story and the day that Koi is your forever. Congratulations to you three on your tiny little girl, she is perfect just as Koi is.
ChyCohMommy said…
I have literally read this post 5 times. My heart is so full FOR you! I cannot imagine the joy and happiness you feel. God is SO good. No doubt about that. Keeping you guys and the birth parents in my thoughts and prayers. Congrats on becoming a mommy again. Hold her close and cherish every minute. XOXO!
Elizabeth Clark said…
Speechless with the amazingness of God's provision in your life over the last few months. He truly knows what He is doing and works for our good. God is good!
MotherT said…
I loved seeing all of the pictures that Patti has posted on IG, and was so thrilled that she linked to your blog so I could read this! God is so good! Little Norah has no idea how blessed she will be to be part of this great family!
MamaV said…
She is lovely!!! If your family keeps growing at this rate, it will rival the size of your husband's family soon! Lol.
What a tremendous blessing! God bless you, mama of two!
my family said…
what a beautiful name for a precious doll.
love that hat:)
Brynna Farley said…
Oh my gosh I am so happy for you!!!! Congratulations,on your new baby girl, she is precious!
Oh Naomi! I am so excited for you both! You don’t know me. I have never met you. But I have heard of you and your story from Patti’s IG and blog. I prayed daily for baby K……that he would be forever yours….and praised God, from whom all blessing flow, that He did a miracle, and baby K was able to stay with you both!
And now I can feel your joy unspeakable and tears of happiness with the goodness of Christ our savior in giving you another precious bundle of joy! What a gift!
My husband and I have never been able to have children either. But we believed God for a miracle and He answered out prayers with a precious little girl that we adopted 31yrs ago come Dec 16th. We brought her home when she was three days old. I can still feel the emotions like it was yesterday! There are no words for that moment in time that your precious little baby is put in your arms for the very first time. So Naomi, I am doubly excited for you! God bless you both in this journey of parenthood, with another child that:
Not bone of my bone
Nor flesh of my flesh
But mysteriously my own
Just Remember
You did not grow under my heart
But in it!
Pressed Petals said…
Praise God!!!! Congrats! What a wonderful few months you guys have been having!
Jed and Kimber said…
Oh my word!!!! I'm just now reading the news! I can't even believe it. I'm so very, very happy for you!!

Popular Posts