What summer is made of
Summer is finally here and we have been busy the last couple weeks. Last Saturday we had a garage sale and sold a lot of random stuff to declutter as well as a few big things, our bike rack, some pictures, oh and also our car (not at the garage sale, but shortly after). We went (day) camping at the local KOA with Jason's family and went swimming, watched Koa play basketball, had a campfire and roasted marshmallows, talked with my mother/sister in laws and dreamily watched the campfire with a sleeping Norah in my arms. They are definitely memories that I won't forget. I guess that is what summer is made of.
We also acquired a new piece of furniture from Koa's bio family and after a fresh paint job it became our little craft shelf, set with my necklace making supplies, my sewing machine and fabric, and plenty of pencils, crayons and paint for Koa as well! A big thank you to my husband for helping freshen up this shelf (he is the master painter).
This little cutie is about to turn 10 months and is all over the place! She is pulling up on everything and I don't doubt that she will probably walk before her first birthday. She is saying, dada, papa, hi, bye-bye, and waving. She refuses to say "mama" even though I have been working with her to say it since she was 5 months! If I ask her to say it she usually shakes her head no, or says "dada" instead! Little stinker! Her hair is getting so long and she has a very fiery personality. I love her so so so very much.
--
Norah woke up with a fever today and has been incredibly clingy. I have held her in the Ergo Carrier most of the day but finally this evening she was so emotional while I was trying to clean up after dinner so I threw the remaining dishes in the second sink and ran some warm bubble water for her. She enjoyed it so much I snapped a few pictures just to see her smiling again, since she had been so miserable all day. On top of the sickness, she has pretty much all of her top teeth coming in at one time. We spent the rest of our evening with coloring and water color painting set up at the table for Koa, candles burning and Lullabye Radio (Pandora) playing to create a relaxing atmosphere.
Hump day is over and tomorrow is a new day and hopefully fever free. Hoping your summer is off to a great start!
We also acquired a new piece of furniture from Koa's bio family and after a fresh paint job it became our little craft shelf, set with my necklace making supplies, my sewing machine and fabric, and plenty of pencils, crayons and paint for Koa as well! A big thank you to my husband for helping freshen up this shelf (he is the master painter).
![]() |
| New pistachio colored craft shelf thanks to Home Depot and my husband! |
Auntie Kenzie did a vintage photo shoot with the kids about a week ago and our trek out into the (mosquito infested) woods, carrying a vintage bike, a suitcase, two kids, a blanket and a chair was well worth it! Although Kenzie might not think so, since she is COVERED in mosquito bites! Sorry Kenz! But these are my most favorite pictures ever of them. Can't wait to see the rest of them!
These are a few of the outtakes that I took on my camera (not near as good, but fun nonetheless).
![]() |
| Auntie Kenzie working her magic (while simultaneously getting bitten to death my mosquitos) |
--
Norah woke up with a fever today and has been incredibly clingy. I have held her in the Ergo Carrier most of the day but finally this evening she was so emotional while I was trying to clean up after dinner so I threw the remaining dishes in the second sink and ran some warm bubble water for her. She enjoyed it so much I snapped a few pictures just to see her smiling again, since she had been so miserable all day. On top of the sickness, she has pretty much all of her top teeth coming in at one time. We spent the rest of our evening with coloring and water color painting set up at the table for Koa, candles burning and Lullabye Radio (Pandora) playing to create a relaxing atmosphere.
Hump day is over and tomorrow is a new day and hopefully fever free. Hoping your summer is off to a great start!




















Comments
also your outakes of the photo shoot are DARLING