Miracles overflowing.

Last Friday we had a court hearing for Baby K and the court officially ruled in favor of changing the case plan from  "return to home" to "adoption." Everyone was so happy and there was excitement from multiple parties in the court room. Lawyers, DA's and CASA were telling Jason Happy's Father's Day. But we weren't out of the woods yet. There was another hearing scheduled for late August to ask for the termination of his birth fathers rights if he didn't contact the state before then. But he could contact the state at any time and still reclaim his son. We hadn't heard from Baby K's birth father for almost 7 months. The state had been trying profusely to contact him since January.

Well out of the blue (COMPLETELY OUT OF THE BLUE) I cannot emphasis this enough, he called our case worker after court on Friday and said that he wanted Baby K to stay with our family and he was willing to relinquish his rights. Can I just stop right here for a moment and say that would've never happened without a huge miracle? This is the same man who was completely ready to come out here, pick up his son, and take him to the East Coast to live with him forever. Like so ready that we were preparing to say goodbye to our baby forever last Christmas.

So within one week, his mother had relinquished her rights, the courts had changed the plan to adoption and the father called to say he wanted to relinquish and should be signing papers this coming week.



I cried.
I jumped up and down.
I squeeled.
I called everyone I knew.

I blasted Forever God is Faithful by Chris Tomlin and scooped up my son and sang my heart out. Lyrics like "For He is good, he is above all things" and "Sing praise, sing praise". We sang and danced and praised God because He had answered my biggest prayer that I had been praying for almost 2 years. I'm sure the neighbors heard the singing and saw us dancing through the windows, but I didn't care!

I AM A MOTHER! Oh God, you are faithful.

This was the same song that I had playing as background music on my blog when we brought Baby K home from the hospital. And now this was like the reprise at the end of a play, with a happy ending.

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good.


I also just wanted to say that this news came just in time for Father's Day. Happy Father's Day to a wonderful husband and father. Not only to Baby K, but also to the other babies that we have fostered over the last 3 years.

Baby K will always have someone to make him laugh....

Look up to....

And kiss him goodnight.


We so love and appreciate you. Thank you for riding this insane roller coaster ride of infertility, foster care, and adoption with me. I am looking forward to all the many more photos we will take in the future of you holding our children. 

xoxoxox

Comments

Hope said…
Hallelujah! Isn't The Lord good? :)
Jed and Kimber said…
Amazing!!! Praise God!
Unknown said…
Your story encourages me more than you'll ever know. We too are in the adoption process and have been running into many walls, but we know this is God's will for us. Your video is awesome too.
Elizabeth said…
I AM SO THRILLED!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!
Elizabeth Clark said…
I am beyond amazed at God's power and goodness. I love these pictures of you! God has truly sent you a baby from the stars. What a blessing. Baby K is so fortunate to have you as parents.
lovemy3 said…
So excited when Patti shared the news!! Very happy for all of you!!!
Tammie said…
Awww, that is AMAZING news, I am so happy to hear that the parents to this special little boy have finally realized what is BEST for him and finally gave him the life that he deserves. You ALL look so happy and cute in all these pictures. I will be so happy when you post that the papers are final as I am sure that is the day you are waiting for. Congratulations to you three.
Tammie said…
Just asking a quick favor, can you all pray for my daughter this week as she is going through IVF and you have made me BELIEVE miracles happen every day. Thanks
Brynna Farley said…
This is amazing!! Congratulations and welcome to motherhood. Both you and Jason sound like amazing parents.

Take care <3

Popular Posts